• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] rooting phone

ChipAHoy

Jan 17, 2011
My mobile service is Cricket and I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-R530C) phone.

I would like to remove some of the apps that I do use, such as Google Music, Google Books. The reason is that I think they are contributing to my battery level going down too quickily.

To do this, it is my understanding that I need to "root" the phone. Is it possible to find instructions for my specific model phone/mobile carrier? Thanks for any help.

My mobile service is Cricket and I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-R530C) phone.

I would like to remove some of the apps that I do use, such as Google Music, Google Books. The reason is that I think they are contributing to my battery level going down too quickily.

To do this, it is my understanding that I need to "root" the phone. Is it possible to find instructions for my specific model phone/mobile carrier? Thanks for any help.

While I don't want to discourage you from rooting, I am not too sure that those apps would have a dramatic effect on your battery life. In other words, I feel you may need to troubleshoot further to figure out what's going on.

There are some apps you can use to help figure out what's draining your battery. Let us know if you want to go down this route and many here can help you along the way.

Upvote 0
I would like to know why my battery drains so fast.

I have turned off many notifications, disabled apps I no longer want, and I don't play games or text much. I know that under Settings/Battery, I can view current battery usage, and the top few items are media, android system, screen, android os, and scared.

Thanks for the help.

While I don't want to discourage you from rooting, I am not too sure that those apps would have a dramatic effect on your battery life. In other words, I feel you may need to troubleshoot further to figure out what's going on.

There are some apps you can use to help figure out what's draining your battery. Let us know if you want to go down this route and many here can help you along the way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones