• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] Rooting Sprint S3 on a Mac while on 4.4.2 Kit Kat

recneps1212

Lurker
Oct 29, 2014
Can anyone help me out? I'm pretty sure I've successfully rooted my phone (I have the Superuser app) but when I open it I get a message saying

"The Superuser binary (su) must be updated. Please choose an installation method"

and upon clicking install or recovery install I receive a message saying

"There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer" with just an "OK" button beneath it.

It's keeping me from giving root access to my Titanium Backup and hindering me from going any further through this root/ROM process

Can someone help me out?

Can anyone help me out? I'm pretty sure I've successfully rooted my phone (I have the Superuser app) but when I open it I get a message saying

"The Superuser binary (su) must be updated. Please choose an installation method"

and upon clicking install or recovery install I receive a message saying

"There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer" with just an "OK" button beneath it.

It's keeping me from giving root access to my Titanium Backup and hindering me from going any further through this root/ROM process

Can someone help me out?

What method did you use to root the phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones