1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Sprint/Cricket] s3 charging VERY SLOW

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ksmoove2, Nov 13, 2013.

1. ksmoove2

ksmoove2 Lurker
    None

Nov 13, 2013
    Since yesterday my galaxy s3 by Sprint has been charging very slow. I've used the same wall charger for over 5 months with no issues until yesterday. So yesterday my phone was on 1% so I decided to just turn it off instead of letting it die. I got home to plug the phone up and noticed that it now loses battery life when I'm on it while its plugged in. It'll have the charging icon but it will only lose charge or stay at a percentage. I was told the s3 has a defective charging issues by a rep yesterday too. Anyways, the charger I've been using doesn't work anymore and now the charging and non charging icon comes on and off. Any ideas as to why my phone is charging VERY slow now and why my original charger doesn't work anymore?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    You have to determine whether it's the phone or the charger. Try using another charger. (Almost all phone chargers these days are microUSB 5 volt chargers.) Try your charger in another phone. Then you'll know whether you have a defective phone or a defective charger. Otherwise it's all wild guesses.

3. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert
    None

Jan 20, 2012
    Male
    QualIT Computers LLC. Head Tech. <old new> owner a
    Sector 7 Slums
    Try another rom... if Your not rooted do so and flash another rom. It could be software. I say this because you said the statusbar showes non and charging symbols. .. thats software.

4. ksmoove2

ksmoove2 Lurker
    None

Nov 13, 2013
    Ok so I have many chargers and usually when in on the phone while its plugged in the battery percentage goes up like normal but now it just stays at the same percentage. Like now its been on 42% for hours

5. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert
    None

Jan 20, 2012
    Male
    QualIT Computers LLC. Head Tech. <old new> owner a
    Sector 7 Slums
    Bump... to see if you tried my ideas...

6. dirtrider501

dirtrider501 Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    I have the note 2 and had this problem. for me it only does this when I have the charger plugged into a 6 way power adapter. I don't know if this will change anything on the s3 but it helped on my note 2. I unplugged the charger from the 6 way, plugged it directly into the wall and its fast again went back to the 6 way for shits n giggles still slow. Hope it helps

7. djedgarftw

djedgarftw Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 16, 2012
    Male
    dj, body worker
    Texas
    Your battery might be going bad, i had the problem on another phone and after changing the battery it would charge to 100% again. Try to get your hands on a battery from a friend or relative to see if it is the battery.