1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] Skype on S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jay2d2, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Jay2d2

Jay2d2 Newbie

Ok im stumped. Im not a very good googler.. so i came here..

I have recently download skype on my rooted S3 with AOKP. Its an older build but i have had no issues or glitches with this build. I'm assuming its unrelated but who knows.

I am trying to use skype and it works great except my mic does not work..
    When i go into skype and do a voice/echo test i get feedback/static as my response as oppose to my voice. I can make/receive voice and video calls and video works on both ends. I can also hear the other person on the receiving end but all they hear from me is static..
    i dont get it

my s3 doesnt have any sounds settings relating to this issue..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dkl

dkl Lurker

Galaxy S3, SGH-I747, AOKP Milestone 1 (4.1.2)

I can hear the other party, but all they hear is constant static (whether I'm speaking or not). I uninstalled Skype, re-installed but same issue.

3. Jay2d2

Jay2d2 Newbie

exactly what im experiencing. I think i have the exact same Rom my phone is..
    Galaxy S3, SGH-I747, ROM : AOKP build 10.22.12 JB 4.1.2

4. Hot Sauce

Hot Sauce Newbie

Yeah I think it's a mic issue with all AOSP builds (I've had the same problem with AOKP and CM). I get around it by using the headset that came with the phone

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews