1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [Sprint/Cricket] Storage question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jackroo, Jul 27, 2013.

1. jackroo

jackroo Android Enthusiast

I've flashed a few ROMs and am currently running Illusion. I noticed my storage space slowly shrinking. Nothing horrible though. I went into my storage space and under Misc I have 3.75gb of stuff in there. I clicked on it and it brought me to a file named 0 which has the most stuff in it. I assume these are all the ROMs I've downloaded? Is it safe to delete anything in that 0 file? I'm pretty comfortable wiping and flashing at this point and I haven't messed up my phone. I don't want to do anything harmful by deleting anything in that 0 file. Thanks for the assistance!

Advertisement

2. imaconeheadXD

imaconeheadXD Newbie

Starting from android version 4.2.1 Google creates a 0 folder on all devices for multi-user support as the main user. All of your personal data will be in the 0 folder if you're running an AOSP rom of 4.2 or higher, if you delete that it will be like deleting your entire sd card

jackroo likes this.
  3. jackroo

So my only option would be to add an SD card for more storage? I sure as heck don't want to delete my whole internal card but I don't know if the ROMs I downloaded are taking up space in there or not..just looking to make extra room without destroying my phone

4. jonny wad

jonny wad Well-Known Member

Don't delete the 0 folder just the stuff in it your not using. Old downloads of ROMs your not using is a huge waste of space.

jackroo likes this.
  5. jackroo

How do I delete the old downloads? Where do I find them?

6. jackroo

Wait, I found it in 0. Everything worked. I had a ton of old downloads like people's ROM and several nightlies of CM. I just created 2gb of space lol

Rxpert83 likes this.
  7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Yeah, if you update via the OTA feature of cyanogenmod they get stored in a folder called cmupdater.

I wish it would automatically delete old versions upon successful download of the newest :rolleyes:

8. jackroo

Me too!! Had no idea those updates were taking up so much room!!

(By the way I am currently on the goodness reborn rom-incredible customization on this rom!!!!)

Rxpert83 likes this.