• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] Why root

There's much more to rooting than simply removing bloatware. I root to mod my phone (like the clock, add features, etc), block ads (they slow webpage loading times significantly), and be able to make backups of my apps. And that only skims the surface.

If you're happy with your phone, then rooting isn't really recommended. It's more for those who like to tinker or want to fix problems.

Reactions: Xtremedays
Upvote 0
i root cuz i cant stand the idea of not being allowed superuser access in the linux based software. That being said, if you jump into it all willy nilly, then you can get yourself into some trouble, but if you read up, ask questions and approach the process carefully, then you can tak eyour awesome device to the levels that google intended it to be able to reach. Not everyone can handle the power tho. Rooter beware...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones