1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] Why root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 414toyz, Aug 15, 2012.

1. 414toyz

414toyz Newbie

This phone is great as it is but I undestand that one would want to get rid of the bloatware. Is there a slim version of ICS? what are you putting on it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

I've heard core developers say they don't mind having bloatware and working on a non rooted device.

You don't need a custom ICS rom, if you root you will be able to remove anything you want.

Anyways, here's a video about rooting http://youtu.be/KPQgGA6ByXs it's long, they talk about rooting at ~0:30:00

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

There's much more to rooting than simply removing bloatware. I root to mod my phone (like the clock, add features, etc), block ads (they slow webpage loading times significantly), and be able to make backups of my apps. And that only skims the surface.

If you're happy with your phone, then rooting isn't really recommended. It's more for those who like to tinker or want to fix problems.

Xtremedays likes this.
  4. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

i root cuz i cant stand the idea of not being allowed superuser access in the linux based software. That being said, if you jump into it all willy nilly, then you can get yourself into some trouble, but if you read up, ask questions and approach the process carefully, then you can tak eyour awesome device to the levels that google intended it to be able to reach. Not everyone can handle the power tho. Rooter beware...

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews