• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Custom ROM

I'm looking to install a custom ROM for my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. Though my phone is rooted, I've never installed a custom ROM before, so I'm looking for suggestions and step by step instructions. I'd like the ROM to be based on 4.4.4, be lightweight and battery efficient, and it absolutely must allow the home screens to wrap (If I'm on the far right home screen and swipe left, I want it to go to the far left home screen). Like it be close to stock Android. Being able to reboot from the power button is nice. I HAVE to be able to install Google apps too, in some fashion. Also love a feature comparison between the stock ROM and the custom ROM, if possible. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones