• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Did I just brick my phone?

MongooseGA

Jan 17, 2011
I haven't seen this exact problem discussed yet. I'm also frantic, so bare with me...

Just went to root my phone tonight from bone stock.

I goofed and input the wrong model info into the tool kit program, selecting a Korean version instead of my US Sprint version (D'oh!)

Now I can't get the phone to do anything but load into the TWRP recovery mode. Rebooting from dead or TWRP gets me stuck on the first boot screen "Samsung Galaxy Note II". In TWRP recovery, it says the phone is not rooted and offers me the chance to install SuperSU. Choosing either option (install or don't install) gets me the same place- nowhere.

I'm SOL without the phone for work tomorrow. Any ideas?

Did u make a backup?

Didn't have the chance to yet. From the time the phone is plugged in at the beginning of the root process, the initial reboot is where it froze.

I did get it into Odin download mode (Vol down, home, power buttons) and am trying to push the factory drivers to it.

Found the process here: Galaxy Note 2 stuck on bootloop - xda-developers

Don't know if it will work yet. Still downloading the .exe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones