• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Downloading

Ayaz

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
I was trying to download and app for the first time and found that it had to come through Google's Play Store. At the time I was not registered with any of the Google apps, basically because I don't use Google. I later found that in the Security Tab section of the setting there was a check box to turn off apps having to come through Play Store, but even checked it doesn't allow you to go around the Play Store. Is this a glitch or are is there another way to go around the play store.

To be honest I don't want to use Google for anything except their search feature.

Thanks in advance.

You could use the amazon app store. Wouldnt recommend using any of the black app markets out there, good way to get malware. Just curious but why would you buy an android phone if youre not going to use google play store or the features of android that you get from having a google account? Seems a bit counter intuitive to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones