• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Employee Discount

You can do what I did and sign up with the Sprint SERO program. www.sprint.com/sero

Just Google Sprint SERO and you can find an employees email address and the last 3 digits of their employee ID. Once you login they have more plans to choose from then what’s on the main page. I did the Everything Plus Data with Any Mobile to Mobile, 500 minutes for $59.99 a month (No activation fee). With added data (required for the EVO) it's $69.99 a month. You also get free nights and weekends. My mother is the only person I talk to with a land line so I rarely use any of the 500 minutes. If 500 minutes isn't enough and you have Google Voice, add Sprint To Home for $5 and give them your Google Voice number. Then you can make all the calls you want with your phone using Google Voice and you won't use any minutes.

Just an FYI.. SERO must be done online. You can’t go into a store and sign up. If you are already a Sprint customer and still under contract you CAN NOT switch to SERO. Also, I helped a friend sign up for SERO who already had Sprint and was no longer under contract and the only way it would let her sign up is if she changed her number. If you sign up and want to keep your number from another carrier there are no issues.

Upvote 0
so, can you use Sprint to home if you have an evo?
if you have a family plan, and you add Sprint to home, can all the phones on your family plan use the service, or, only the one number that "signs up" for Sprint to home?
I assume you give them your Google Voice number as your home phone number, and, then anyone on your account, can initiate a phone call using your google voice number and they will not use any minutes, correct?

thanks

thanks

Upvote 0
Sprint To Home is a number you select and all calls to and from that number are free meaning they do not use any of your minutes. Sprint doesn't have a Friends and Family plan like Verizon where you can pick 10 number to call for free. They only have Sprint To Home where you can add one number. When you make a Google Voice call from your Evo or any cell phone it will show the call coming from the Google Voice number. Add Sprint To Home and give sprint your Google Voice number and all calls made via Google Voice will be free.

Just for clarification, Google Voice numbers are counted as land lines so unless you add the number as Sprint To Home it will use minutes.

Upvote 0
wait... seriously? I have never gotten a discount on a phone purchase. I get a monthly discount because of the company I work for, didn't know you get a discount on phone purchases too.

I've seen company discounts that also include discounts on phones. Depends on the carrier. I've never had a qualified phone for discount. They might also only discount off the full price of the phone since the $199 price is already discounted.

Upvote 0
OK, so then when anyone in my family plan, uses the Google voice number that I give to sprint to make any outgoing call, it wont use any minutes, correct?
Can you just add the "Sprint to home" service online, or do you have to call in to add it?

thank you

Correct. I think you have to call them as I logged in and didn't see where I could add it online. Just don't tell them it is your Google Voice number.

Upvote 0
We get a 20% discount thru my company from Sprint. Interestingly, it only applies to the plan and not the $10 premium data add-on. In my case, I'm saving $14 on the Everything Data w/ 450 min.

I did have to jump thru some hoops to get it. I had to get the Sprint Corp ID for my company, fill out a Sprint "Request for Employee Discount" form (where I had to write in the Corp ID) and fax it to Sprint. I also had to send a scan of my pay stub as proof of employment. I got an approval email a day or two later, with an expiration date for my discount which is two years out. Also the discount takes 1-2 billing cycle before it appears on your bill.

Upvote 0
That is a lot of hoops to jump. All I had to do was show the Sprint rep my company ID badge and she applied the 25% discount.

We get a 20% discount thru my company from Sprint. Interestingly, it only applies to the plan and not the $10 premium data add-on. In my case, I'm saving $14 on the Everything Data w/ 450 min.

I did have to jump thru some hoops to get it. I had to get the Sprint Corp ID for my company, fill out a Sprint "Request for Employee Discount" form (where I had to write in the Corp ID) and fax it to Sprint. I also had to send a scan of my pay stub as proof of employment. I got an approval email a day or two later, with an expiration date for my discount which is two years out. Also the discount takes 1-2 billing cycle before it appears on your bill.

Upvote 0
The Sprint Rep should be able to use the name of the company to search for the discount. This may sometimes be difficult if the same company branches off into multiple companies but is still ran by that 1st one. Im not sure if best buy workers can.
If so, show proof of where you work, the rep will apply your discount. Or call and possibly have to send in your paperwork showing you are who you are and your place of work.
NOTE: Applying this discount can be done at any time, but it will sign a 2 year contract on all lines on the acct. So this is better to be done when starting the acct. or when signing a new 2 year contract. Also, the person that the account is under has to be the employee of the company. Ex. I cant get a wal-mart employee discount on an account on my name due to my husband working at wal-mart.

No, the 69.99/mo does not include the $10 premium data add on. This add on is only required for 4G capable phones. Currently the only phones are the HTC EVO and Samsung Epic. Any other phone you do not have to pay the $10 extra per month. 3G service is included in the 69.99 Everything Data Plan.

Upvote 0
There is a setting (in the "real" settings, not on your Android device) that asks if you want the call-in number to show, or your own Google Voice number to show.

If you pick the former, you get charged minutes for the in-coming call. If you pick the latter (and you have Sprint @Home for your GV number), you are good for inbound calls.

So, you do lose true Caller ID with the latter option, but you can use the Call Presentation option to help you out by announcing the caller when you pick up.

Upvote 0
Off topic, but just to let everyone know. Everyone is eligible for a discount. 10% at the minimum. There is a discount for AOL Affinity... which basically means, if you have a aol or aim account you get 10%. There's also one for credit unions. Have them look up allcreditunions. Call Sprint customer service. Don't bother the reps in the stores. :)

The lower discounts will also waive all future activation and upgrade fees.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to apply the employee discount for sprint at bestbuy when you are buying the device. The sales person told us that you would need a code or something.

i was wondering why i had a "employee discount sprint 10%", i just bought the evo 3D from BestBuy & i was real friendly to the girl that was setting my account up, making her laugh & all that good stuff. then when i get my first bill i see the employee discount! employee discount sprint 10%, does that mean she set me up as if i worked at best buy or at sprint or is that something normal? plus i was hooked up for 300 bonus minutes on top of the 450 landline minutes. the 300 bonus minutes was a promotional offering that ran for a month if you bought your phone threw best buy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones