• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint EVO 3D preorder discussions inside.

I pre ordered mine today. Paid the $50 for deposit, got the gift card and was given a confirmation #. my upgrade doesn't start until the first of next month, but was told the phone would be held for 1 week so I could cone and get it at the upgrade price on the 1st. Kind of sucks ill have to wait a week after the release, but what can ya do

Ask sprint to change your upgrade date. It seems they sometimes let you do that.

I was asked to get a GC, but I never got a confirmation number. The rep had to log into the computer to add me to the waiting list (I'm the second person to pre-order at that store).

Reactions: JimKnuckles
Upvote 0
Your Sprint store gave you a confirmation number?

I pre-ordered at my Sprint store awhile back and they noted I purchased a gift card for an EVO 3D on my account. Also, I am pretty sure they keep the pre-order document stored online because the rep needed some help logging into the website my store uses for pre-orders.

Yes, they noted my account and gave me a confirmation #

Upvote 0
Any word on any special deals for people who pre-order the 3vo? Last year RS was offering a $20 gift card to any one who pre-ordered their Evo 4G when they picked it up, and BB out did them by offering a free bluetooth headset for their Evo 4G pre-order customers.

Any word on whether something similar is going on this year for the 3vo??

Upvote 0
Any word on any special deals for people who pre-order the 3vo? Last year RS was offering a $20 gift card to any one who pre-ordered their Evo 4G when they picked it up, and BB out did them by offering a free bluetooth headset for their Evo 4G pre-order customers.

Any word on whether something similar is going on this year for the 3vo??

So far, if you preorder from the shack you get a free black eyed peas mp3 download:D

Upvote 0
I called my local Sprint Store today to ask if they could ensure I wasn't dropped from the list on accident or something. They can't access the pre-order list until launch day from what the rep told me so I assume this is why some stores keep a paper copy. And I think they can add people to the online list but they cannot view the entire list of names. I think this is so people aren't accidently deleted and reps cannot move their friends up on the list.

Upvote 0
Preordered from the Radio Shack by my house on the 3rd. I was the second one in line. :D Guy said a number of people had inquired about the preorder, but didn't want to place it until there was an official launch date and price. I'm going to order it on my premium line but have it activated on my other line. The Radio Shack dude is gonna take care of it, says he does it all the time.

Upvote 0
So I just switched to Sprint from AT&T today and I was going to pick up a NS4G right now and switch it later. But the salesman said they were low on stock and offered me a crappy Sanyo as a replacement phone until the 24th. I hesitated and he offered to take $35 off the 3vo if I took it.

Did you use the ETF credit Sprint is offering? It expires the 23rd but I am wondering if there is a possible way around it.

BTW, 1st post, long time lurker :)

Upvote 0
So I just switched to Sprint from AT&T today and I was going to pick up a NS4G right now and switch it later. But the salesman said they were low on stock and offered me a crappy Sanyo as a replacement phone until the 24th. I hesitated and he offered to take $35 off the 3vo if I took it.

WELCOME TO SPRINT USERS EBOLAMONKEY :cool:
YOU GOT OFF THE AT&T CHAINS :D

Reactions: ebolamonkey3
Upvote 0

Port In Credit

Don't forget to go to the link above within 72 hours if you ported in your phone number to Sprint.

Reactions: ebolamonkey3
Upvote 0
Hi guys, I am number 15 on the reservation list for the Evo 3D at my local Sprint store. It did not cost me anything (unlike the $50 gift card preorders that some of you guys are paying), they just took my name and number and promised to call me when the phones release to purchase it (they said they may get it on June 24th but didn't promise anything except that they will hold the phone for me for 24 hours to purchase it). In general they say they get like 10-20 phones for release day so I am hoping that Sprint orders a lot of phones so I am able to get it on release day at my local store.

does anyone know if Sprint is ordering a lot of phones for release day??

Upvote 0
Hi guys, I am number 15 on the reservation list for the Evo 3D at my local Sprint store. It did not cost me anything (unlike the $50 gift card preorders that some of you guys are paying), they just took my name and number and promised to call me when the phones release to purchase it (they said they may get it on June 24th but didn't promise anything except that they will hold the phone for me for 24 hours to purchase it). In general they say they get like 10-20 phones for release day so I am hoping that Sprint orders a lot of phones so I am able to get it on release day at my local store.

does anyone know if Sprint is ordering a lot of phones for release day??

The fact that you didn't pay anything means that sprint doesn't have any obligations to you at all. They will call you as a courtesy but as far as them holding one for you may be slim at best unless you know someone at the store. If they receive 40 phones and there are 40 people outside waiting then you better believe that every last one of those customers will get a phone while you are sitting at home waiting for that call. If you want the phone then you shouldn't wait for a phone call from sprint. When the evo came out last year my sprint store had a list with about 100 people on it and I can assure you that most of those people didn't get a phone that day for the simple fact that they weren't at the store when the doors opened. As a matter of fact, my name was also on the list and I never received a call which didn't surprise me thats why I went up there first thing in the morning and was #7 in line and wasn't depending on some list.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
The fact that you didn't pay anything means that sprint doesn't have any obligations to you at all. They will call you as a courtesy but as far as them holding one for you may be slim at best unless you know someone at the store. If they receive 40 phones and there are 40 people outside waiting then you better believe that every last one of those customers will get a phone while you are sitting at home waiting for that call. If you want the phone then you shouldn't wait for a phone call from sprint. When the evo came out last year my sprint store had a list with about 100 people on it and I can assure you that most of those people didn't get a phone that day for the simple fact that they weren't at the store when the doors opened. As a matter of fact, my name was also on the list and I never received a call which didn't surprise me thats why I went up there first thing in the morning and was #7 in line and wasn't depending on some list.

While this may be true in your experience, it sounds more like an issue with the store in specific.

I also didn't have to pay any money down. Will I be waiting for a call? No. I'll be at the store first thing that morning. That still doesn't negate what has been promised by a retail Sprint store. Every person in the store I have my reservation at has guaranteed I will get the fourth phone shipped to them. That includes the owner/manager swearing by this. 48 hours is how long they will hold the phone, then all bets are off.

I cannot guarantee all stores will be honorable, but any store that does not hold a phone for those on the list will quickly earn a bad reputation, if they haven't already. Also, there will be calls to Sprint in regards to this. I would be one of them if they lied to me.

I'm simply not concerned that because I didn't plunk down $50 on the phone that I won't get a phone. I'll be getting it. It would simply be bad business otherwise and they willl lose contracts, mine at the least, if they don't live up to their moral, if not legal, obligations.

Upvote 0

actually you are wrong.

Upvote 0
...I also didn't have to pay any money down. Will I be waiting for a call? No. I'll be at the store first thing that morning. ...I'm simply not concerned that because I didn't plunk down $50 on the phone that I won't get a phone. I'll be getting it. It would simply be bad business otherwise and they willl lose contracts, mine at the least, if they don't live up to their moral, if not legal, obligations.

I've learned you can't trust any "promise" or "obligation" that isn't in writing. There is no such thing as a free lunch. We'll see how everything goes with the Sprint Pre-orders, when no down payment is required. Since those pre-orders have no skin in the game, if a customer with cash is ready to buy the phone you had better believe they'll sell it right then and there, instead of just hoping all the people on the pre-order list who didn't put anything down to reserve the phone, will come back in and buy it. I sincerely hope it works out well for you, I just wouldn't be absolutely confident there won't be any issues and that you are guaranteed to have your device launch day. It wasn't smart business for Sprint to take away people's upgrades when they did the change to Premier, but they did it anyways.

While I'm sure if you're waiting in line before the store opens and are one of the first 10 people there, there is a pretty strong liklihood of you getting a phone, but I personally just don't feel like all that hassle. I placed my pre-order at BB, am #1 on their list (which is guaranteed since I have $50 to reserve my phone and am not just a name on a list). They'll call and setup an appointment where I can go in, get my phone and leave, no waiting and no lines. Plus I won't have to duck out of work just to wait in line for a couple of hours in front of the Sprint store first thing that Friday am to get a phone.

Again, I sincerely wish you the best of luck and hope you get your phone on launch day. I personally just refuse to deal with the inconvenience of waiting outside a store before they open to buy anything, that includes any deals on Black Friday. I just have better things to do.

Upvote 0
Wow, someone coming over from AT&T.
Contract was up so you bolted.

Actually I'm only 3 months into my contract, just broke ETF. Sold my Atrix for $400, and with the $125 port in credit and the $35 credit the Sprint rep gave me, I'm coming out a bit ahead by upgrading to the 3vo :)

Did you use the ETF credit Sprint is offering? It expires the 23rd but I am wondering if there is a possible way around it.

BTW, 1st post, long time lurker :)

Congrats on 1st post! I used to lurk a lot, but once you start posting, you start posting more and more. At least that's been the experience for me anyways.

I definitely took advantage of the $125 port in credit (extended to 7/23 btw), and the nice thing is the Sprint rep at the store actually did it for me online, so I didn't have to do anything myself :)

WELCOME TO SPRINT USERS EBOLAMONKEY :cool:
YOU GOT OFF THE AT&T CHAINS :D

Thanks Iori! I switched because I heard Sprint/Verizon service is awesome around Boston, and AT&T isn't so good. But in actuality I just wanted the 3vo :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones