• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] Flashing new gapps & inverted updates

Yeah it was a stupid question that I thought I figured out myself.

Well here's the question - can you just flash gapps or do you need to reflash the rom then flash gapps. My answer was to do the second thing, right? So I decided to try it instead of asking and it worked.

The second question I had was was why didn't the 3/8 baked inverted gapps have inverted gmail. I could not answer that but found the inverted gmail in the baked thread.

It's so dead around here people are replying to deleted threads. Thanks for helping me out Urge.

Upvote 0
For me things worked better on my OG ego - no MMS issues, no GPS issues, no blue tooth issues, no wifi issues, no volume issues, no sdcard 0 issues, I could trust amon ra. I've been using 4.2 since it came out and it's just a pain. I never had the issues with the evo that I've had with the gnex.

Upvote 0
I have yet to have any problems with the gnex. The MMS can be weird at times, but I don't know if that is ROM or network related.

The og was a great phone and forum, but I had way more problems. Finicky kernels, SD not recognized, random reboots, etc. In fact I still have problem with it occasionally (son uses it for games and music).

I agree with urge, when every ROM can be your daily, there won't be much going on here. Look at other forums, they're dead too. And when there is discussion is usually a thanks, feature request, whining, or social/off topic.

Let's face it, we have a stable functional phone.

Reactions: MizzouBrent
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones