1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] Galaxy Nexus FG01 (Radio Only) (Radio Thread)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frenchy714, Jul 16, 2012.

1. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Glad it's working out for you!

Advertisement

AARONONE likes this.
  2. mrxkills

mrxkills Newbie

3. frenchy714

My apologies, I completely forgot.....I'll take it down and replace it with his thread link.

It's not fair of you to say that I don't care though, because I do, and I have a fair amount of respect for Sextape. In my mind I was just helping out another forum member.

For future reference Mrxkills, I'd appreciate it if you would PM me if you have a problem.

mrxkills and AARONONE like this.
  4. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Just installed the new radios, will let y'all know how it works out.

AARONONE, 9to5cynic and frenchy714 like this.
  5. frenchy714

Keep us posted!

6. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Urge - any update on how they are working for you?

And I guess I'll ask this - I'm not yet on JB - will these work with ICS?

So far, while at my house, my reception isn't too hot. Gonna root/flash tonight though, so this is more just a curiosity question. :p

Edit: the link says that this is a cwm zip, is that compatible with twrp?

7. AARONONE

AARONONE Android Enthusiast

Not 100% but I *think* they will work on ICS. As for the cm zip, it still works on twrp. BTW, I had a noticeable difference but only in trouble spots.

9to5cynic likes this.
  8. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

By that do you mean in quality from the radio? If so - better or worse?

9. frenchy714

Radio's work regardless of OS.

9to5cynic and AARONONE like this.
  10. AARONONE

Should have been more clear, they improved.

frenchy714 and 9to5cynic like this.
  11. frenchy714

I successfully flashed with TWRP and know many others who have w/o issue as well.

9to5cynic and AARONONE like this.
  12. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Did you guys get md5 of :
    b3b3c896aa306e8c52deb9371d75b54f

Just wanna double check, with the Evo radios were the one way could for sure brick your device - I'd hate to do that here. :eek:

13. frenchy714

Same md5. You're gtg.

AARONONE and 9to5cynic like this.
  14. An UrgeTo Dance

Anyone else having trouble sending text in very low reception areas? I could make calls and it would show my text would send but the person would never receive it.

15. frenchy714

No troubles here.

16. An UrgeTo Dance

Hmmm it may have just been the area I was in. I know Sprint has been doing a lot of work on our towers recently.

17. AARONONE

No problems texting either. Got to be sprint.

18. An UrgeTo Dance

It works now but when I was at the out in the middle of no where church camp where I had almost no signal it wouldn't send text. Normally text can send with less signal than a phone call needs which is why I thought it was weird.

19. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Yeah that is weird. I send and receive texts fine in my low reception area. Though I'm still stock radio.

20. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Sigh, this seems to have really screwed something up. I flashed this, and now I have no 3g service, and I can't make/receive phone calls. It did connect to 3g briefly once, and has randomly gone into roaming for a few seconds a couple of times, but that's. I've gotten it to call out a few times, but it hangs for a while. I do still have service (or so it claims). I've flashed FD02 and and even FC12 with the same result. I can connect to wifi, but that's it. No amount of wiping, reflashing radios, or even reprovisioning has help. Anyone have any bright ideas I'm not thinking of?

21. An UrgeTo Dance

I'm guessing you have done a full wipe?

22. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Yep, several times over. I suppose I didn't flash a ROM from scratch, but I did restore several nandroid backups and wipe data, which is effectively the same thing. Radios should be independent of whatever is in /system anyway. I can try the whole nine yards, but it'll have to wait a few hours.

23. frenchy714

Maybe try posting your situation on the thread linked in the OP. Sextape works for Sprint and may be able to shed some light. Please keep us posted.

24. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

:eek: sad news akazabam.... keep us posted though! Radios always make me nervous.

25. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

I totally just made everybody nervous, didn't I :). Sorry about that. I was driving home from work, when I heard a few notifications come it. It turns out I got a couple text messages. On the off chance that it was starting to work again, I rebooted the phone, and sure enough, I had full 3g service again, calls worked again, etc. The only obvious thing I can think of is that I switched cell towers. It seems highly coincidental that the cell tower near work would starting having issues right after I flashed new radios. I'm still not sure what happened. I guess we'll see what happens when I go to work tomorrow. In any case, I think I'll wait until the weekend to try this again. I had already downgraded back to FD02.

slyd, 9to5cynic and frenchy714 like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: