• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Galaxy Note 4 price goes down to $299.99 on 2 yr contract.

After trying them both at the Samsung Experience in Best Buy, I have to say that I really want the Note Edge. (If the Note Edge never existed or was announced, then i would say the Note 4).

I plan on giving up my Hotspot and get a secondary phone instead, so considering that my mega will be replaced by the Note Edge, I haven't decided whether to get the Note 4 as the back up or the Nexus 6/Shamu whatever they are going to call that device if it ever comes to Sprint.

Another one I have my eye on is the Sharp Aquos Crystal but the specs aren't that great (unless Sprint at the last minute gets the Top of the line model that Japan has)

Anyway, Its going to be a very an interesting month on the options I have to choose.

TS

Upvote 0
The NOTE4 as a back-up phone,I LIKE IT! :D

I'm gonna take a look at the NOTE EDGE myself after work on Monday.

Wish that it wasn't gonna be a limited production run,as I would like to wait a while after release to see how development goes,but,in doing so,risk not being able to get one,or,face paying a premium on an already expensive phone.

As for the SHARP AQUOS CRYSTAL,That'd be a cool choice as well,having two uniquely different phones,unlike anything else available ATM.

Even w/the seemingly low specs,it may very well be a nicely optimized phone.

Upvote 0
If the Best Buy has a Samsung Experience section then most likely you may get to see a Note Edge.

Yeppers, took a look at both the NOTE4 & EDGE this evening.
While the curved display has a WOW factor, there really wasn't enough to it ATM to have me thoroughly convinced to pick it up.
Wasn't much of an S-Pen user when I had the NOTE 3,but, if I get the itch to try it out again, it'll be the EDGE over the NOTE 4.

Forgot to check to see if the EDGE is provisioned for QI charging. If so, the combination of that/I-R BLASTER/curved screen/S-Pen may be compelling enough to give the NOTE series another go-around.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones