• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Get individual files from rom backups?

pand0ra

Lurker
Aug 13, 2011
ok so I've been having some problems. I moved to the foxhound rom and made a backup of my original first. while in foxhound i noticed that i didn't back up my data like contacts and s notes so i made a backup of foxhound and proceeded to go to my old rom to use titanium backup to back everything up to sd. After i tried to go to my old rom i got an error at the end saying error restoring /data and when i tried to boot i got stuck and the sprint logo and my phone got very hot and wouldn't boot. then i tried to full wipe before restoring but still the same problem so i just tried to go back into my foxhound and i got md5 mismatch which wasn't easy to fix since I'm on 4.2 so i just wiped and booted up fine and i want to know if here is anyway to get files out of a backup that i have like my contacts and snotes. Any help is appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones