1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Sprint GN or Sprint HTC LTEVO (One X)?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WifiMaxed, Apr 25, 2012.

1. WifiMaxed

WifiMaxed Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    The GN with vanilla ICS is a real temptation. I am not a big root fan. I am a big fan of a kickstand and butter smooth operation. I do want to stick with Sprint because the unlimited data is to much of a perk to walk away from. (I easily clear 10gigs a month w/OG EVO) I am anxious for a upgrade as my EVO is getting a little long in the tooth. Both phones look awesome and both come with LTE. I was just wanted other people thoughts before signing 2yrs of my life away. :)

Advertisement

2. rivera02

rivera02 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 4, 2010
    Male
    The nexus is awesome, but the new Evo looks pretty damn good too. If you don't mind sense, or using a replacement launcher, i would probably go with the Evo. as you know from the og Evo, htc was always great when it came to getting updates out for the Evo line, and the bigger screen on the Evo would be really nice to have. The s4 snapdragon is the best processor we can get stateside at the moment as well.

WifiMaxed likes this.
  3. SMALBA

SMALBA Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 11, 2011
    Utah
    I was in the same position as you a few days ago and I went ahead and got the nexus. I will tell you I am loving it and don't regret the decision at all. this phone flys. I have been using the eco 3d and I feel ice cream sandwich is so much faster and user friendly than sense. Don't get me wrong the evo was an excellent phone but I love this nexus so much more. Honestly the new ltevo looks ugly to me. I know that looks don't mean much to some but to me it does. That's one of the reasons I went the nexus. Another big reseaon is that I just wanted something new ans different than sense and I got that with the nexus.

Oh and let me add this, the screen on this nexus is so sexy. Every time I look at it I fall in love haha. Hope this helps .

WifiMaxed likes this.
  4. Ngo93

Ngo93 Android Enthusiast
    None

It depends, how important are updates direct from Google to you? And what are your feelings on Vanilla / Sense?

5. Fubie

Fubie Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Digital Surveillance Manager
    State of Denial
    I'm pretty sure that the Sprint GN isn't covered by Google for updates since it isn't AOSP since there is proprietary code due to CDMA and LTE.

So the updates have to come from Sprint and you're back in the same boat as other Android phones.

6. WifiMaxed

WifiMaxed Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    You're right, both are important. I think this what makes the choice difficult. Spec list on both devices are just so dang awesome.

7. Androidcurious

Androidcurious Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    The GN is a fantastic device but I got to play with a One X today and it is much, much faster than the GN. The camera is pretty sick too. Unless you just absolutely hate Sense I'd go with the Evo. I ordered the One X in the ATT store on the spot I was so impressed.

WifiMaxed likes this.
  8. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx Newbie
    None

Feb 12, 2012
    R.I.
    I would go with the evo, i own the nexus mothing wrong with it but if you like to take pictures the the evo should be the choice that camera is amazing. Unless your a nerd for ICS then i think you would just as happy with the evo.

Tags: