1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sprint got the kitkat update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lambertoid, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Lambertoid

Lambertoid Member

So seen it on AC forums now I have a question I haven't got the pop up so were on the phone do I go to check for the update any one?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

These updates are sometimes pushed out in phases but you can try checking in settings->about phone and then tap system updates.

If it's not there yet then try again tomorrow.

3. Lambertoid

Lambertoid Member

I go to settings then about phone but there is no where that says system updates in the about phone section

4. doogald

How about settings->system update?

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Updates roll out over a period of days to weeks. Just because its been released doesn't mean it will be immediately available for your device

doogald likes this.
  6. Lambertoid

Lambertoid Member

Checked system updates and about phone I have no spot that says software update can any one look in there moto x and check if they can find the button please

7. doogald

This is the manual for the Sprint Moto X: http://shop.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/motorola/moto_x/moto_x_by_motorola_ug.pdf

That says (on the page that is numbered 106, though it is page 115 of the PDF file) that you go to settings and there should be a "System update". So, from home, you open the app drawer, open "settings". It should be listed there, if that manual is correct.

If the order of the settings is the same as are listed in the manual, "System update" should be just after your accounts in the settings page, and just above "Date and time" settings.

8. Lambertoid

Lambertoid Member

Ok I factory reset my phone to see idk well now I'm just guessing that the spring updates have to be pushed sprint must be the only company that doesn't have the software update button

9. doogald

You must be missing it. I read somewhere else that it is three or four options above "About phone" in the "Settings" - which is pretty much what the manual I linked to says. Some carriers put it in the "About phone", which was why I suggested looking there originally.

That said, it probably doesn't matter. Sprint is rolling out the updates. It will come eventually.

10. Lambertoid

Lambertoid Member

This is the system updates tab it doesn't have a software update button this is the 4th tab above the about phone I guess between the carriers there are some differences

Attached Files:

11. blindman13

blindman13 Member

Just downloaded the update but not going to install it until I hear all the issues are fixed.

12. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Android Expert

Then why download it at all? Not trying to be smart, but any of the aforementioned "issues" wouldn't be fixed in an update that you already downloaded.

13. blindman13

blindman13 Member

Oh yeah I def I agree, It downloaded it self. I was just trying to say that they are being pushed out.

14. Lambertoid

Lambertoid Member

Finally hahaha I got it pretty nice

15. blindman13

blindman13 Member

If i keep postponing the 4.4.1 install until the next one, will the install file get replaced with the new one? Or should I somehow delete the 4.4.1 download file?

Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) release date was August 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 10MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2200mAh battery.

August 2013
Release Date
Reviews