• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Great Rom: Hawkish_EXTREME_SERIES ROM

Doc

Android Expert
Aug 4, 2012
Portland OR
Been running this for the last three days, after trying out 5 or 6 different ones, this work perfectly, the 4G LTE works better than any I tried, the wifi tethering works great lol haven't found anything that hasn't worked lol......

Battery life is the best I seen yet, cant say enough about this rom.......:)

And for those of you wondering, this has been ported for the L900...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2309918

This is what im getting with Hawkish, its not bad.....:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-01-09-15-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-01-09-15-40.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: -Mike-
Upvote 0
Will have to give it a test over the weekend, been on Whompasaurus for months now, might be time for a change since there has been no support since June. Mine you I have had no issues with Whomp and has been running flawlessly since day one for me, but I want a change for the heck of it, LOL. ;)

Reactions: Doc
Upvote 0
Will have to give it a test over the weekend, been on Whompasaurus for months now, might be time for a change since there has been no support since June. Mine you I have had no issues with Whomp and has been running flawlessly since day one for me, but I want a change for the heck of it, LOL. ;)

You know its my second favorite lol, I like the way it runs but couldn't get the speed out of it like I can with Hawk, I think you will like it, everything works, the install is great, it gives you the choice of 3 different kernel's at the install and a whole bunch of other opinions.............. :D

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
You know its my second favorite lol, I like the way it runs but couldn't get the speed out of it like I can with Hawk, I think you will like it, everything works, the install is great, it gives you the choice of 3 different kernel's at the install and a whole bunch of other opinions.............. :D

What Kernel did you choose, looks like he has not updated this Rom either, but as you say if all works why change ;)

Upvote 0
OK, flashed Hawk today, will run it for a few days and then report back. It is lagging a little at times, but I will give it a few days first and let it settle in. I have always used the stock kernel, so maybe need to get use to it. I am also using Touhwiz for now.

Well I would suggest looking at the apps and deleting any that you don't use, it does come with a few extras, personally I delete over half from stock or any custom rom, as I don't like things installed that I don't use, also I would check the stweaks settings and set them at boot and of course you have the option of overclocking now to...... :)

Upvote 0
Yep, I know, the reason why I went back to TW was when I was on Whomp and using Nova, I would get locks ups, so I went back to TW and had no issues. I will try Nova again and see if it locks up again, these 3rd Party Launchers use much more resources so that it what makes it locks up, at least for me.

Upvote 0
Yep, I know, the reason why I went back to TW was when I was on Whomp and using Nova, I would get locks ups, so I went back to TW and had no issues. I will try Nova again and see if it locks up again, these 3rd Party Launchers use much more resources so that it what makes it locks up, at least for me.

Apex is a lot like Nova but uses less recourses, that's the reason I use it instead of Nova :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones