• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Great Rom: Hawkish_EXTREME_SERIES ROM

Doc, couple of questions

What theme did you go with, I have been testing the S4 Theme, just curious about the others offered, or any you prefer ??

I also was playing with it yesterday, and did not have the time to set it up completely as I have been really busy with work and few other projects, when I did go back to my Whomp Nandroid , I get the handsfree activation that keeps failing all the time, the phone works phone, simply can't update Profile, or reboot without getting the HF activation, LOL

Also quickly, I didn't search fully, but on the Hawk Rom can Prl and Profile be updated, I don't recall seeing it ?? I will try to flash it back today to see, but just thinking out loud.

I will also delete all my User App backup's from my Rom toolbox, for some reason when I try to restore on Hawk, I notice half the apps are not there, so I will delete the whole folder, then uninstall the app, then reinstall RT and then do a user app back up from fresh to see. When I did flash Hawk back last night, I could not see Apex launcher and a few other apps that I know were backed up, ;)

Reactions: Doc
Upvote 0
Doc, couple of questions

What theme did you go with, I have been testing the S4 Theme, just curious about the others offered, or any you prefer ??

I also was playing with it yesterday, and did not have the time to set it up completely as I have been really busy with work and few other projects, when I did go back to my Whomp Nandroid , I get the handsfree activation that keeps failing all the time, the phone works phone, simply can't update Profile, or reboot without getting the HF activation, LOL

Also quickly, I didn't search fully, but on the Hawk Rom can Prl and Profile be updated, I don't recall seeing it ?? I will try to flash it back today to see, but just thinking out loud.

I will also delete all my User App backup's from my Rom toolbox, for some reason when I try to restore on Hawk, I notice half the apps are not there, so I will delete the whole folder, then uninstall the app, then reinstall RT and then do a user app back up from fresh to see. When I did flash Hawk back last night, I could not see Apex launcher and a few other apps that I know were backed up, ;)

I use Apex Pro with Metal theme pro, it has a nice 2d effect on the icons and runs very smooth.

Well you hit on the only thing I don't like about Hawk, you cant update the PRL or the Profile which does stink but I haven't had any issues with 3g or 4LTE.

The update will ask you if you want to do it but it doesn't work when it asks to update just tell it yes and it will go into recovery and then just reboot and it wont ask you again and yep I wont use rom toolbox, personally I have had a lot of issues with it on most all roms I have used :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-16-06-20-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-16-06-20-02.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
Yep that is what I did with the update and No Issues, just weird that that Womp has this issue now, i know of another member that had this issue also, which is weird, no biggie as the phone works anyways, and simply hit cancel, and all works fine, but I will flash Hawk back today if I get a chance

OK, but what theme do you use on the Hawk when installing before you install Apex ??

And are you using Titanium Back up for your user apps and data back up ??

Just curious, that makes it much easier to restore when flashing a Rom, I really don't like using Google, it does not always install all the apps properly.

Upvote 0
Yep that is what I did with the update and No Issues, just weird that that Womp has this issue now, i know of another member that had this issue also, which is weird, no biggie as the phone works anyways, and simply hit cancel, and all works fine, but I will flash Hawk back today if I get a chance

OK, but what theme do you use on the Hawk when installing before you install Apex ??

And are you using Titanium Back up for your user apps and data back up ??

Just curious, that makes it much easier to restore when flashing a Rom, I really don't like using Google, it does not always install all the apps properly.

Im using this for my theme: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BladeXDesigns.MetalTheme.Free&hl=en

Well I do use Google to reinstall my apps, never had any issues with it, I don't use TB, I always backup with Online Nandroid Backup and use Nandroid manager after I get everything installed and never worry about losing anything........:)

Upvote 0
I C where this pretty much does a Nandroid backup without going into recovery and allows you to keep using your phone in the process, But I also want something that will back up user apps and their data ?? So when I flash a new Rom, then I can restore all the apps, and simply only have to set up the settings and homescreens.

Upvote 0
I C where this pretty much does a Nandroid backup without going into recovery and allows you to keep using your phone in the process, But I also want something that will back up user apps and their data ?? So when I flash a new Rom, then I can restore all the apps, and simply only have to set up the settings and homescreens.

You can do that with this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.h3r3t1c.onnandbup&hl=en

It works very well, never had a issue with it and you can do a custom backup apps and data :)

Upvote 0
Yes, but that backups system apps and data, if we are installing a fresh new Rom, all we want to restore are the downloaded user apps and data ?? This is the same as doing a Nandroid and backing up Data, which is what I did in TWRP and had some issues with some apps.

No it wont do like TB, personally for me, I let Google play store do it. Everyone backs up and restores differently, some people like TB and some don't, I have never had a issue with google reinstalling the current apps but I have heard of people using TB having issues to restore apps, another reason Im kinda anal about programs running in the back ground that use a lot of recourses, to me that's something that I don't need and is already done by google, no need to install a app to do it and eat up processor and memory when its not needed, but again that's just me lol ;):):D

Upvote 0
Yes, but Google only backs up apps, not there data.

So you actually do a full wipe and fresh install, then you let Google instal your apps that were sync, then you simply set up your phone from scratch.

See I have done so much Rom Flashing between the HTC Hero and Evo 3D, that I learned that if I was on a similar Rom, then restoring my data as you mentioned, or doing it from from recovery, usually never caused an issue, but when flashing a Rom from another Dev, that a fresh install is preferred. So I really don't have the drive to flash more Roms and setting the whole phone all over again. Even if you have it down to a science, it still takes about an hour from start to finish, and that is if you have it down pat. So you see, I was looking for an easy way to install the Rom from scratch, and realized a fresh start the old fashion way is the only way, to not have issues. ;)

Upvote 0
but when flashing a Rom from another Dev, that a fresh install is preferred. So I really don't have the drive to flash more Roms and setting the whole phone all over again. Even if you have it down to a science, it still takes about an hour from start to finish, and that is if you have it down pat. So you see, I was looking for an easy way to install the Rom from scratch, and realized a fresh start the old fashion way is the only way, to not have issues. ;)

Understood and I agree, I can flash a rom, any rom, have my apps any data stored on my ext sd, 3 email accounts, pics setup in under 30 minutes with no problem that is as long as there is no issue with rom, bad download, md5 etc issue, for me I guess I store all my data either on my sd or on the cloud so its either already there on the sd and/or sign in to my cloud services so I guess its not as a much a issue for me.

And again we all do it a different way, here are a few we use at work, we have about 500 androids in our environment this is one that's very popular.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupRoot&hl=en

And also this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idea.backup.smscontacts&hl=en

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones