• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Hard Bricked LGLS980

jed34237

Lurker
Oct 25, 2014
Hey guys I am a noob and was wanting to root my device. I used towelroot to root my phone. i wanted to install a custom recovery and used AutoRec, after the install it asked if I wanted to reboot. I selected yes to reboot and became stuck in fastboot mode. I seen another post where someone is in a similar situation and is walked through the process. I am hungup on the " fastboot devices" and "fastboot reboot". When typing those into the command prompt. Can someone please help? My phone has been out of commission for about 3 months? I am also unable to get into download mode either

I have attached photos so you can see exactly my phone screen as well as what happens when i try the command prompts as well as my phones screen.

If i have posted in the wrong area or there is already a more appropriate thread please let me know.

Attachments

• 20141028_101818.jpg
    20141028_101818.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20141028_101953.jpg
    20141028_101953.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20141028_102013.jpg
    20141028_102013.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 60
Ok. Yeah in that thread I posted the 3 driver solutions that I know off the top of my head...LG United drivers, Koush's Universal adb/fastboot driver, and the PDAnet drivers. If none of those work for you, I'm not sure where else to turn for a fastboot driver. You tried them all I take it? Along with trying multiple usb ports?

Upvote 0
Hey guys I am a noob and was wanting to root my device. I used towelroot to root my phone. i wanted to install a custom recovery and used AutoRec, after the install it asked if I wanted to reboot. I selected yes to reboot and became stuck in fastboot mode. I seen another post where someone is in a similar situation and is walked through the process. I am hungup on the " fastboot devices" and "fastboot reboot". When typing those into the command prompt. Can someone please help? My phone has been out of commission for about 3 months? I am also unable to get into download mode either

I have attached photos so you can see exactly my phone screen as well as what happens when i try the command prompts as well as my phones screen.

If i have posted in the wrong area or there is already a more appropriate thread please let me know.
I have the same phone and did the same thing with mine as I was trying to prep for the Lillipop 5.1 download. Lost all. Had to purchase a new motherboard and then reinstall nt google account. Everything is great now its like a new phone. Cost was at $115.00 for motherboard and service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones