• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Help me developers..

redstepchild

Jan 11, 2012
I rooted.. I have no idea how. I just did what the youtube video said.

There has to be a way to unroot without losing your stuff and having to reinstall it from a backup.

I just want my updates and it sickens me to think I will have to go back to scratch to get uodates.

Is there not an easier way??

Unfortunately there isn't. The files modified by rooting do not fix without a factory reset after unrooting. And with the Apps2SD update (MF9) I'm guessing you're trying to install, you're going to have to perform a factory reset anyway because of software issues that develop without doing one. Samsung's update process is VERY finicky about modified files and how many "updates/rom changes" the device has been through. XDA has a full breakdown of unrooting, resetting the update counter, and where to go from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones