• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Hero 2.1 timeline?

Since the Hero comes with a Twitter app, I signed up for Twitter when I got my Hero and follow all the below twitter accounts just in case they post anything about the Hero or Google Android. I find twitter's to follow mostly by looking at who these primary accounts are following. I wish Twitter could do filtering since I would like to just see Tweets filtered by tag words instead of seeing everything tweeted though;

sprint (sprint) on Twitter
HTC (htc) on Twitter
A Googler (google) on Twitter
Google Calendar (googlecalendar) on Twitter
AndroidDev (AndroidDev) on Twitter

And, since I have Google Voice;
Google Voice (googlevoice) on Twitter

Once 2.1 arrives on the Hero, I will probably add Google Maps (googlemaps) on Twitter since the new Maps has turn-by-turn and other stuff.

Upvote 0
I see you removed that reference to "12 hours ago..." :)

Not trying to bust anyone's balls by any of my posts. Was just pointing out in my original reply above that the information was readily known and referenced on this forum.

I don't like it when people jump down other's throats, discouraging discussion and posting, which is what a forum is for, after all. So, if my original reply came across that way, please know it wasn't my intention.

Upvote 0
That's the point. No need to post because I linked to the spot in the previous thread where the information was already posted, 12 days ago. It's old news at this point.

I'm aware that the updated release schedule was posted by no less than 8 people over the course of 3 days when announced by Sprint via Twitter. :D

I was thanking the OP for the information that a potential wipe may be required. Something, that I did NOT see anywhere in the closed 2.1 speculation thread.

FWIW, I also follow twitter for the updates for Sprint and HTC. It's the only reason I created a Twitter account.

So, if my original reply came across that way, please know it wasn't my intention.

No worries! :cool::cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones