1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Sprint Hero and Wifi Encryption Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dub2501, Jan 14, 2010.

1. dub2501

dub2501 New Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Anyone run into this issue or have a fix for it? Really appreciate any help in advance.

I have an AT&T Supplied 2wire 2701HG-B Gateway - Software: 5.29.109.11. When I connect my Sprint Hero via WiFi to the router - if I have ANY encryption enabled (WEP-PSK \ WPA-PSK \ WPA2-PSK) the Hero will connect and recieve an IP Address - however it will keep dropping the IP address every <30 secs. HOWEVER - if I disable all encryption and leave the channel open, I can connect as long as I want without any disconnects.

I have gone thru each available Wireless Security setting - and all five produce this result.

Obviously, ipod touch, xbox 360, laptops all connect via whatever encryption without error - Hero is only device with issue.

Spent all morning on it, ready to throw it thru the window, any advice?

Advertisement

2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
  3. 305Cane

305Cane Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    i sometimes have an issue with the phone autoconnecting to the wireless once i enable the wifi on the phone, but i never have drops. always worked quite well for me. i hope you find your solution.

4. doneve141

doneve141 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I have a linksys router with all the security I can set up, including the macaddress filter. I have had no problems with my WiFi. I also connect to a couple of other unsecured networks without any hitched. The only suggestion I have is to try the MAC filter on yours.

5. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Computer Technician
    Take a guess
Tags: