• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Hero- Notification Problems & media player

biomimetic

Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
So I LOVE my Hero. I've been a long time palm OS guy but the Pre & Pixi weren't for me. Too girly I guess. But I digress- I'm having 1 problem in particular and after reading up on forums, and numerous google searches I've reached the end. I concede!

Whenever I'm using my hero to play music in the stock player (and I believe Last.FM too) & I receive a notification- be it IM, text, email or anything else- my phone remains silenced after the notification is over. So I'll get a text, the phone will silence my music to play the notification (short beeps, long beeps, full ringtones,) I'll check the notification & my music player still remains silenced (edit: while its still playing- & when I hit play it continues where it was paused @ not where I was last listening to it.) I have to pause & replay whatever song is on or wait for Last.FM to move to the next song or skip the last song to hear anything. This is happening no matter how I'm listening. Cabled headphones, bluetooth stereo headphones, the speaker.

I know this is long but you guys are great & I'd rather give you too much info than not enough. I hope you guys can help!

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones