• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint horror story

Just thought I'd throw that out there... Hehehehe... But yea, keep us posted :)

I agree which is why in my 1st post I asked for the phone to be inspected and I would mail or bring it anywhere requested....

I did however, want this inspection known and approved by Sprint in advance which is why I went the route I did...

After 3 phone calls today attempting to reach a suitable resolution, the end result is that I am staying with Verizon and Sprint is waiving both my ETF's...

This entire mess didn't need to happen, I am not glad it happened as I loved the EVO and my son loved his EVO....

I hope this thread will serve to help others who may have a serious issue.. The dan@sprint.com contact system works, they did investigate my claim(s), and the end result is an acceptable solution...

He usually follows up with an email reference our conversations and I have not received that as yet... When I do, I will post it here

Upvote 0
The email I just received...

To recap our conversation, after
partnering with my management team we have settle on the options of
waiving the early termination fees for both lines. As of the writing of
this email, this credit has been applied, bringing the current balance
to $0.00.

I do appreciate you allowing me the opportunity to address your issues
and concerns. As I stated in our conversation, we do greatly appreciate
you taking the time to ensure that your experience was brought to our
attention. We always strive to improve our service and correct that
which is not right.

I understand at this time that your issue has been resolved. If you do
have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact me by
replying to this email. As always, I can also be reached on my desk
phone at 000-000-0000. My office hours are Monday-Friday from 9 AM to 6
PM EST. I will be leaving the office early on October 30th, at 1 PM
EST.

Thank you for contacting Sprint!

Sincerely,
Daniel R.
Sprint

The end...

/thread

Upvote 0
So, what are you doing with the phones at this point? Returning them for a refund also or Ebay or ...?

Just curious as to if this was even brought up. :)

I am keeping both EVO's.... The one that does not work I am waiting to hear back from him what the options are to have it replaced under the factory warranty...

I am sure it will be taken care of and I will then have 2 working EVO's...

Upvote 0
Amazing, glad you have your situation resolved or on its' way to being resolved. Really pulling for you.
Note to all Service Technicians and Reps - Let this be a lesson to you if you read this, that No matter what you think or your attitude is at the moment, we all deal with bad customers from time to time, but always , and I mean always remember to CYA....This day and age, if you don't there is enough ways out there to have something come back and bite you in the ass. And just because you think that you don't have time, or you don't wanna take the time to construct a positive solution and resolution for a customer, just shows you are NOT fit for this position of handling and dealing with customers. There is a reason why customer service is out there, to provide customers , NOT YOU, a peaceful means and resolution to all situations based on all the facts. Case in point as this OP has listed, his rights to exercise means for evaluation were extended to his use, and he did. It just shows that just cause you work for the Store, doesnt' mean you get to play God. End meaning....: Take time, Open your ears and listen to your customers, Treat each situation as if it were you in their shoes. Evaluate and then make your decision on how to proceed to deal with that situation between you and the customer. 9/10 times you will have a better end result with your customers if you just take a moment to listen. Oh and FYI as a store manager myself, if this had been one of my technicians, Pink slip would of been in their timecard slot. At my store , we don't tolerate any type of this behavior or dealings with any customers. EVER!

Good Luck to you OP who started this thread!

Upvote 0
I am not displeased with Sprint and I do realize this was just a rogue store.... The store in Lawrence where the phone was reinspected was nice, courteous, and professional even though they were placed in the middle of this unfortunate situation...

I have a week left to decide what I will do... I believe I can always go to a different Sprint store and open a new account if I choose to go that route... Or can't I? Since this account was terminated is there a waiting period before signing up for service again?

I am not sure I will do that even if I can.... This entire mess has left a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth and I am trying to see that the Lawrence store treated me as I should be.... I'd love to give that store my business but worry that a stigma may be attached to any future Sprint service / account....

Edit to add ( here is what is says the adjustment made were ) If that makes a difference on opening a new account...

10/28/10 Billing Related Adjustment $-176.80
10/28/10 Billing Related Adjustment $-176.80

Upvote 0
So I take it they found out how you where treated from that store or what? Just curious.

Glad you got it taking care of.

He did not discuss that with me and said he would not and could not discuss any discipline action they take...

I assume that they must have seen the video since they so easily waived 2 ETF's... I do not know for a fact that they have, and assume they must have... Cell phone companies don't waive ETF's easily, never mind 2 of them....

Upvote 0
I've sitting on the sidelines watching this entire thread. Raqball, I'm glad that everything worked out for you and welcome back to the Sprint family. I really believe that Sprint is working very hard on their CS. Over the last few years I have never had anything but good to say about the jobs they have done for me. Then again I have never taken anything to one of the stores.

Upvote 0
I've sitting on the sidelines watching this entire thread. Raqball, I'm glad that everything worked out for you and welcome back to the Sprint family. I really believe that Sprint is working very hard on their CS. Over the last few years I have never had anything but good to say about the jobs they have done for me. Then again I have never taken anything to one of the stores.

I am happy with the investigation and the resolution... I am sure it's not over for the Sprint store in question though, nor should it be...

I was talking to someone at Best Buy the other day and they were complaining about the Topeka Sprint store as well... I gave them the contact info for the CEO's rep that worked with me...

Kind of a similar story believe it or not where the Topeka store treated her like crap...

Upvote 0
If you didn't let them know you where recording them, then you can't use that as evidence.
You are 100% wrong.

Not only is it per se legal in many states (single party consent states), it is legal in ALL states if one party is already recording the conversation (all party notification states). The very fact that Sprint notifies you they maybe recording the conversation means you as the other party have 100% right to record the conversation -- and use it as evidence.

You do not have to also state you are recording them once sprint has stated they are recording you -- they have given you permission to record them by notifying they are recording you.

In terms of the OP's general experience, I agree with some that Sprint has improved somewhat, but you always need to maximally protect yourself and assert your rights

Upvote 0
Glad it's resolved. But there's nothing to prevent the original rogue tech from splashing some water on the water indicators to cover his rear, if he had been smart about it.

Like I said I try to avoid using store techs, and try to resolve pretty much all software related issues myself before I would ever trust a tech.

Upvote 0
images
dead-horse.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones