• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] How to Root Sprint Galaxy Nexus for Dummies [Windows, Mac, Linux]

bootloader is still 100% unlocked at least according to the unlock symbol on boot up and the "Bootloader unlocked" in red on the bootloader page :).. I go into bootloader and go to recovery and i get the android laying on his side with red exclamation. power + volume down takes me into stock recover at that point.

Also SuperSU gives errors when attempting to grant permissions :/

Upvote 0
bootloader is still 100% unlocked at least according to the unlock symbol on boot up and the "Bootloader unlocked" in red on the bootloader page :).. I go into bootloader and go to recovery and i get the android laying on his side with red exclamation. power + volume down takes me into stock recover at that point.

Also SuperSU gives errors when attempting to grant permissions :/

All you need to do is flash a custom recovery via fastboot, then flash the supersu.zip.

Reactions: An UrgeTo Dance
Upvote 0
Okay, I am having an issue getting my drivers to work with my phone. I have tried this on Windows 7 64 and 32 bit PC's.

Basically, following the instructions exactly, I first Boot Phone in Fastboot, plug in USB cable to the PC, and the Windows auto driver download starts and cant find drivers. I download the provided link to get the Samsung drivers, they install, but the device is still not recognized. Ive even tried manually installing the drivers, but there are so many .inf files in the USB Drivers folder, I'm not even sure which one to use.

So basically, this happens to both versions of Windows 7. I must be missing something somewhere...

Upvote 0
Okay, I am having an issue getting my drivers to work with my phone. I have tried this on Windows 7 64 and 32 bit PC's.

Basically, following the instructions exactly, I first Boot Phone in Fastboot, plug in USB cable to the PC, and the Windows auto driver download starts and cant find drivers. I download the provided link to get the Samsung drivers, they install, but the device is still not recognized. Ive even tried manually installing the drivers, but there are so many .inf files in the USB Drivers folder, I'm not even sure which one to use.

So basically, this happens to both versions of Windows 7. I must be missing something somewhere...

CHeck out post #2. It has a link for a second set of drivers that may work better. I have had a couple of people tell me that if they couldn't get the ones in the guide to work, they were able to use those.

Reactions: DeepEmissions
Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply Urge, I (for whatever reason) skipped that troubleshooting tip.
After Uninstalling the Samsung drivers, I was able to get the PDANet drivers to take.
After root, I got the red "!" and went through that repair as well.
I am currently uploading my backup to GDrive.

I'd have to say, this is the most challenging Root I've ever done. Gimme an Epig 4g and Odin any day, lol. But all and all it's not that bad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones