• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sprint htc hero speaker sound

VReyes

Lurker
Mar 15, 2010
Hey all,

new to this great forum.

anyways i could not find a specific thread about my question so i thought i would start one.

is anyone else having the issue on their speaker that it gets distorted when the volume is high. plus i think the sound is not even that loud when its high.

is this how the sprint htc hero is or do i need to get a new one?

thanks in advance.

VR

Hey all,

new to this great forum.

anyways i could not find a specific thread about my question so i thought i would start one.

is anyone else having the issue on their speaker that it gets distorted when the volume is high. plus i think the sound is not even that loud when its high.

thanks in advance.

VR
I have no distortion even at the highest volume. All my music is encoded at 256k or better. This is the best speaker I have ever had on a phone.

Upvote 0
Hey all,

new to this great forum.

thanks in advance.

VR

You aren't crazy. My speaker sounds not even remotely as good as a cheap (but decent pair of headphones. ANY speaker can and will sound distorted if you are pushing it beyond it's limits (ex. Just because I have legs doesn't mean I can run a marathon).

FWIW, I worked on/repair speakers on a daily basis as part of my job.

Upvote 0
Everyone complaining about how quiet the phone is try this. Put the phone on a flat hard surface face up. I noticed when I do this it sounds alot better. Like when I'm folding laundry I put it on my dresser top and it sounds great. Then I found if I set it on my alarm clock with the phone speaker pointed into the clock speaker it sounds even better. I don't know if it's the sound being bounced back or what, but it does improve the sound. If I'm holding it in my hand it still sounds decent though.

Upvote 0
I have had 3 different heros all because one or both speakers distort or rattle after a few months of use. Now my current one is doing the same thing and i was EXTREMELY careful due to previous experiance not to have the volume higher than 3/4 of the way turned up which imo should not be loud enough to blow the speakers. The speakers do sound good but for some reason mine dont last.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones