• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] I Bricked My Phone!!!

Hiroshi15

Lurker
Jun 8, 2015
Hi guys I need a bit of huge help here. so today I was Trying to download a new rom for my phone which is Samsung s3 SPH l710 T and I was thinking I was searching online if I had to unlock my bootloader and so at the end of all that I ended up not downloading the ROM. but as for the bootloader I used ez bootloader unlocker something like that and so I unlocked the bootloader but then I reLocked it again. and after that I powered off my phone only to find that when I powered it on again it wouldn't start ! so I searched online and then I figured out that most people say that if you unlock it the bootloader that it would go into a brick a Hard brick Or soft brick I don't know which one but whenever I try to turn on my phone at all.it's not doing anything no signs of life at all on the phone. I tried it all the key combinations for factory reset,, download more, all that. but nothing happened. so my question is on my phone would it work if I bought a jig whatever its called and try to force it into download mode? or if I just took it into Samsung service repair and play dumb and say that I don't know why its not turning on all that. so what should I do and if I send it to Samsung repair would they like to try to figure out if he was rooted or not. oh I also just before I turned it off and never turn it back on again I also unrooted it with superuser the one the permanent unroot with one tap thingy. so it should be Unrooted. but I don't know like what I should do if I should use the jig or if I should send it to Samsung repair or what to do! anybody have any ideas please comment please help me cuz I really want to fix this phone. and I'm sorry for the bad grammar and all that cuz I was using Google Voice. so please try to help me Thanks.

I think sprints boot loader is unlocked by default so you shouldn't have to unlock it. Sounds like ez unlock bricked youre phone. I dont think theres a method to repair youre phone unless you can get into download mode. You may need to get a replacement phone.

If this was for sprint it might work but its for Verizon if you soft brick or hard brick

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2581166

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones