• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint in DFW

Sgroh87

Jul 12, 2010
Right now I have AT&T, and I'm on my 30 day trial with the Samsung Captivate. I've really enjoyed the phone (once I started using ADW Launcher instead of touchwiz), but part of me still yearns for the EVO on Sprint.

That being said it would cost me about $40 a month more for the Sprint plan than for my current AT&T plan. I know we have 4G here, but for those of you with experience: is the Sprint service and the EVO worth the extra $40 a month? I'm not a heavy gamer or business user, but I do listen to a lot of music, watch a lot of videos, and would like to have working GPS. :p

The thing is, I'm on a family plan with four lines. Right now, I'm paying:

AT&T Family Plan secondary line: $9.99
Unlimited family texting: $30 (about $7 per person)
200 MB data/month: $15 (which I rarely exceed because of WiFi)
AT&T total: about $32/month, excluding taxes

Sprint Unlimited talk, texting, data: $69.99
4G premium: $10
Business discount: 20%
Sprint total: about $64/month, excluding taxes

If my whole family could switch, then it would be a no-brainer; unfortunately, my mom and sister are both mid-contract, and it would cost about $150 in early termination fees for them both to switch.

Upvote 0
I see.. I cant answer for family plans, sorry.
A couple things to concider... In many cases (at least with individual plans), If you pay the ETF with ATT you will easily make up that money in about 4-6 mos, then its money in your pocket every month after that. It pays for itself, really.
Sprint gives many discounts depending on where you work, bank, etc. I get 25% off for working part time at home depot.
The EVO and Sprints network/prices are second to none.
Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones