• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Internet Passthrough?

Is internet passthrough available for the HTC One on Sprint? And if so, do I need to root or can we do it without rooting?

I have a friend that has an HTC One for Sprint and we work in a building where she gets no internet and she wants to use it so I thought internet passthrough would be her solution.

Btw, our office computers run Windows XP. If HTC Sync is required, would it run on XP? Or would whatever alternative method run through XP just fine?

Thanks!

I found out that it is available for the phone and you do not need root.nall that is needed is HTC Sync software which is compatible with Windows XP. However, I ran into a problem.
I installed HTC Sync, it recognizes the phone, the HTC One has an option for internet passthrough. I've checked the PC's firewall settings and there are currently no active firewalls. Also, there is a mention of an HTC One device for internet passthrough in the Network settings on the PC which I assume means that the computer is granting access to the HTC One for internet passthrough. But even though it's selected, the phone isn't receiving any signal at all.

Can anyone help me with this? Is there a plan that she needs to have to use internet passthrough or something? Or is there something that I'm missing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones