• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] JBSourcery-V-ToroPlus(Sprint)(2/25/13)

USPS decided the best way to get from Tennessee to Minnesota was through Massachusetts... so its 2 days late and I likely won't get it until Monday.

So much for priority mail. :rolleyes:

In other news... I've got a sweet anker extended battery thats worthless till the phone shows up

I don't think I will ever go back to a non nexus device.

You may have to change carriers, Sprint and Big Red may not see another one for a while

Upvote 0
I don't know, I read this the other day but the X phone is not confirmed to be a Nexus.

That seems to good to be true. CNET mentioned a possible nexus device in the works with Samsung, but that's just a rumor. There's also a rumor about a nexus device with HTC. Not sure what sprint will get, but it hasn't been a year yet, so I'm not to worried. Plus I still enjoy this phone. I do always save an upgrade though.

Upvote 0
Hello, I have successfully installed my first custom ROM (sourcery ROM), thought everything was cool until for some reason the wifi is not working? It shows connected but cannot connect to internet? Other PC is connected so is not modem or router? This is a problem as I cannot download updates or apps, device is useless to me without internet?

Upvote 0
Hello, I have successfully installed my first custom ROM (sourcery ROM), thought everything was cool until for some reason the wifi is not working? It shows connected but cannot connect to internet? Other PC is connected so is not modem or router? This is a problem as I cannot download updates or apps, device is useless to me without internet?

I'm guessing you've already reviewed the obvious troubleshooting steps - but just in case:

Did you check to make sure that you do not have MAC ID filtering on your router (and if you do, is your current MAC ID on the router's white list? From what I've read, there are instances when a custom ROM may change your MAC ID - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2121151)

Are you using a static IP or DHCP? (how is your router set up?)

What DNS server are you using? (check your gateway settings also)

Upvote 0
Over on the VZW JBSourcery thread, some people are indicating that bluetooth is buggy with the new Android release. Are folks noticing that issue with the Sprint version as well? (that's one of the main reasons I wanted to switch over from Stock).
:bawling:

From http://teamsourcery.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1131
"For anyone having Bluetooth issues, Google used a new Bluetooth stack in 4.2.1 here is the quote - New Bluetooth stack - Android 4.2 introduces a new Bluetooth stack optimized for use with Android devices. The new Bluetooth stack developed in collaboration between Google and Broadcom replaces the stack based on BlueZ and provides improved compatibility and reliability.

This stack has created platform wide issues and is not rom or phone related
"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones