• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] JBSourcery-V-ToroPlus(Sprint)(2/25/13)

The 5.1.1 that I installed has the non-photosphere camera apk installed. It has the HDR camera apk instead.

On a cellphone camera (that is not mounted on a tripod), getting good HDR pictures (3 pictures, no shake) is kinda hard (at least for me), so I'd like to get the photosphere instead.

Under Magic Mods(System/JBSourcery Tools/Mods), I see a link to Camera 4.2 w/Photoshpere.
Can I just install that? Or do I need to install the other GAPPS instead?

==========
Edit: Well, I was impatient, and tried downloading it. Had to reboot to recovery and flash the downloaded zip file, but it seems to have worked.

Upvote 0
The JBS thread over on Verizon seems to be more active huh? lol!

I flashed over to 5.1.6 yesterday. So far, so good. (didn't try the zebra gapps though). It does seem to be deep sleeping better, I dropped from 100% to 97% overnight (8 hours) with data connections off. (usually, I'd drop to 92% or so). Hopefully, this trend will continue.

I haven't tried out BT on this yet, hopefully, it will be stable. Wifi range continues to be miserable (not JBS problem - I had horrible wifi range on the stock ROM too)
The new lockscreen clock looks good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones