1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] just a like help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by itiscosmo, Jun 23, 2012.

1. itiscosmo

itiscosmo Well-Known Member

...hope this forum grows i have been on android forums since my og droid..my guestion is i looked in the sticky and its alittle sparse is there a section on roms..radios since theres been 2..and all the other toys..themes..etc..i find it just a little confusing.

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Well, there aren't really a lot of radios out there, yet. As we get more OTA updates, more will be provided. Here are the two currently available:

Cyanogenmod Nexus: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Radio Images

There should be no reason to flash radios until a new one is released as part of an OTA update. As for ROMs, there are a lot out there. The best way to keep up to date is just look directly at xda. Here's the Sprint Galaxy Nexus developer forum:

Sprint Galaxy Nexus Android Development - xda-developers

Any thread starting with [ROM] (or some variation of that) is, well...a different ROM that you can flash to replace your current one. Developers always provide flashing instructions (even if they are almost always the same). Any thread starting with [MOD] is some subset of changes meant to be flash on top of a ROM. The packages are built the same, but rather than including all of the OS files, it includes just a few changes files to replace existing ones. Themes seem to be more spread out, but you can generally find two different types - Theme Chooser themes, which apply themes on the fly. They are usually not as "complete" in that they may not be able to change as much as a flashable theme, but they are safer. And you can, of course, find flashable themes. The best way to find them is to search the above forum. You could also just google something like "<current ROM> themes". Building a running list of ROMs and mods should be that hard by just browsing the first couple of pages of the above xda forum. In general, the popular ones stay at the top.

AARONONE likes this.
  3. itiscosmo

itiscosmo Well-Known Member

hi..ya ive been spending all my time at xda..just would b nice to stay here ...and thanks frenchy as usual for the link...ya been at this for 4 years i know where to go..just would b nice to b set up here with u great bunch comin over from the evo..like myself.

frenchy714 likes this.
  4. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

I would love to see this subforum grow and see much more traffic. As time progresses, I believe it will.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: