• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint just declined me for service should I still get the phone?

friends on verizon are locked into their droid contracts. my gf hates sprint for personal reasons. parents don't really care but step-dad needs verizons coverage in some boonie areas he goes to. he doesn't think sprint is all that either. and one guy on at&t can't understand things past the iphone. and just found out one other friend is on t-mo too but he's happy where he is with the pricing and coverage.

Upvote 0
got a mail saying i got declined of service because they couldnt confirm my identity. Went to sprint corporate and they say they couldnt do anything. Have to wait 60days before trying again. Gah this sucks because i cant get the evo4g even though i already preorderd at radio shack. sigh* anyone else have this problem and solved it?

Upvote 0
my credit is excellent. I was approved first with credit limit or whatever was $500 but was sent a letter after 2 weeks or so stating that service was declined because they couldnt verify my identity. That is why i was able to preorder at radio shack in the beginning. which is why it is messed up in my opinion.

Upvote 0
damn eureka. that's fuct. my RS wouldn't even sell me the pre-order because i failed my id check.

only way around it is to find someone to open a line under their name and use that. when your 60 days are up, you'll be free to try for approval again and when you get approved you can do the liability transfer over to you.

unless you're lucky and can plead your case well then maybe you'll get someone to erase things and take it over again. once you're marked, you're marked.

i know i had a credit card number stolen last year. perhaps that's why my account had to go thru an id check. maybe you had a similar situation?

hopefully there will be no evo shortages in july (or august for you).

Upvote 0
well gonna have to probably ask my father to open a new account and just sign up under him. If he gets the same shit as i did then will probably just stay with verizon and wait for the new moto droid shadow or droid 2 whatever it was. Gonna try to go to corporate store and try again tomorrow. Its messed up that they dont want my money lollz. My family has been with verizon for 6 years and thinking of changing to sprint because of EVO and this problem.

Anyways if my father gets turned down. well thats that and will be staying with verizon. Still Want that EVO though.

Upvote 0
got a mail saying i got declined of service because they couldnt confirm my identity. Went to sprint corporate and they say they couldnt do anything. Have to wait 60days before trying again. Gah this sucks because i cant get the evo4g even though i already preorderd at radio shack. sigh* anyone else have this problem and solved it?

Some people have had luck after emailing a detailed report to: dan@sprint.com ~ Email them...it's worth a try. Make sure to include your phone # for quicker service. Good luck!

Upvote 0
I couldn't complete my credit check due to outdated phone numbers they have on file for me. I wish I had found out sooner. I had to fax over proof of id and the new phone numbers yesterday. Fingers crossed that they update this information before my evening appointment at BestBuy on Friday to pick up the EVO. One rep told me it could take up to 30 days, while another said 24-48 hours, but I would have to wait until 3-5 days before I could contact them...
I'll be calling back tomorrow and, if necessary, on June 4th.

Upvote 0
and that's just fuct up again. the databases they use against us all have outdated info. i was asked questions about my mom and sister that used their OLD names...so are we supposed to answer with answers appropriate to those time frames? sheesh..

it would be easier if we just called in a cop to verify our ID...but of course they would rather trust their gathered data versus someone with a brain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones