• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] LG G Pad 7 LK430 zv3 [root,romdump,restore]

Does kingroot root zv4?

• Total voters
No matter what do I can not get this thing to boot the mini os pops up for a few seconds and then right to the screen in the image

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Nope, it's the 430. At boot, I get the mini OS screen and then this:

2hikmy7.jpg

No button combination can get me out of it. All indications are that it's FUBAR. Unless you have an idea:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Sorry, im late but it tales twp programs to root the LG G Pad 7 v430. You need LG one click root and kingroot, do not do this on windows 10. It'll turn your right click options into black arrows with a grey long toolbar looking thing less you uninstall LG OCR after usage. Anyway, go to dev opts, select USB debugging, get you tablet authorized via usb to pc. Install all lg drivers beforehand, adb, fastboot, google driver, if mtp fails, get mtp portal kit for windows. MTP port kit needs to be installed before LG drivers so uninstall all lg drivers, restart than install MTp port kit. If you're having issues than you'll have delete a MTP file from the windows folder (use google) if your good and adb sees the tab than use LG One Click Root, when all processes are done, get Kingroot 5.0.2 or below because LG G Pad lolipop can't read new versions. After LG OCR is done and your back to tablet homescreen run Kingroot, it should work. I'm on zv4 and it worked for me. Let us know if it works for you. If you need more help got to xda-develpers and search lg gpad 7 v430. Somebody has a link to stock rom but im not sure if the link is still live but usually i message anyone who has claimed to have it and i usually get what i need from the good people there. I hope you get the help you need.

Upvote 0
Cannot rescue my v430 back to stock. Kingrooted, then unrooted, deleted kinguser, all the kingroot files I could find, etc. To root checker apps, I am stock. However, I can't OTA update. It reboots, starts installing, and every time ERROR. The little Android gets sick with a red exclamation mark and restarts.

Rwilco12 Compiled a stock LK430zv4.tot
http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/LG G Pad F 7.0 (LK430)/Stock ROMs/ZV4

LGFlashTool
Manual Mode
DLL: lgup_etablet.dll
S/W: LK430ZV4_11_User_Secure.tot
Action Mode: Board DL
Mini OS - Hold Power - Select Normal Boot - Hold Power - Select Yes

My LG Flash Tool 2014 opens to a menu that has none of these options. I found version 1.8.1.1023 with these dialogues. However, Win 10 has no COM Ports. No troubleshooting guides I've taken to find or create a COM Port do anything, so I can never flash with this tool.

Stock Source ZV3 & ZV4
http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list?types=ALL&search=LGLK430

And how do I put a ZV4 zip or tot file onto the device?

Stock ZV4 update.zip
http://www.filedropper.com/update_3

LG Driver & LG Flash tools KDZ-v2014 & TOT-v1.8
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2785089[/SPOILER]

I'm running into unsolvable problems no matter which route I take.

1. LG Flash Tool 2014 I could use, but I have no KDZ for the v430: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2785089
2. LG Flash Tool v 1.8.1.1023 I'm on Windows 10 and there are no COM Ports on Windows 10 so you can't flash
3. adb sideload I don't know what to do, which file, which command, nothing
4. LG Mobile Support Tool never sees the device connect, despite having installed LGUnitedMobileDriver_Ver_3.11.3.
5. Tried throwing V7 and V4 zips and tots onto an SD Card, and going to apply update from sdcard in recovery, but that gives E: footer is wrong E: signature verification failed Installation aborted.

Really appreciate any help I can get on this. Completely at my wits' end. I've got a fairly common device, an SD card, and updated Windows and Linux computer from which to attack this super-simple issue of putting my device back to normal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good thread, thanks. My LG Pad 7 is still kicking - i keep messing with it instead of buying a newer tablet, Sold my Tab S2 so i fell back on this to watch Amazon/netflix.

The only real issue i've had consistently with this Tab is that sometimes/somehow apps get stuck in Installing/Upgrading. Even using ADB and using pm to install an APK will hang.
I'm unable to track down why this is - originally assumed it had something to do with a process that starts shortly after booting. If I hurry and goto market or use ADB/pm to install an APK right after it reboots I can get something installed.

Anyone else experienced this? I realize this tab is getting long in the tooth - but i'm still using it, hopefully others are also. For mine for 50$ on Freedompop/sprint, so its been pretty handy since at least we can root it.

-w

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones