1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] LG G2 Software

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flbatl, Dec 7, 2013.

1. flbatl

flbatl Newbie

I just bought the G2 and was wondering if you guys prefer the 4.2.2 software that they have on this phone compared to 4.4 Kitkat? I have Kitkat on my Nexus 7 and it's great, but the way they have the software set up on the G2 is pretty amazing. I'm just looking for a few opinions.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

I've only found one 4.4 rom and it's a bit buggy, I'm running stock 4.2.2 until we get a stable 4.4 rom :)

3. flbatl

flbatl Newbie

I bit the bullet and am now running AOSPA 4.4 (Paranoid Android 4.0) and it's pretty stable. I'm missing the nice features and animations that came with the stock though. Guess I'm gonna have to find some.

4. DragonSlayer95

It isn't too buggy, gps and a few others things that are pretty off. I couldn't find the option to modify battery icon, date/time etc in status bar another reason I flipped back.

Running cm 10.2 at the moment.

5. Method760

Method760 Well-Known Member

Yo Slayer you got a G2 now? Niceeeee!! Dont know if you remember me from the S2 forum, lol, But does the CM have no Knock Knock feature? I installted it for about 5min because i didnt see it. Im on Dynimate ODEX. But kind of want to try the 4.4 AOSP

6. DragonSlayer95

Heya Method, yep I remember you from the s2 forum lol

I've tried both PA and currently on CM, the knock on feature is the LG UI feature.

Is dynamite a stock rom? Or is it kind of themed? If stock I'm staying with cm :p

Edit, smh odex duh yeah stock.

I liked 4.4 PA minus having to stay with the stock battery icon (that's a big thing to me lol)

Method760 likes this.
  7. Method760

Ahh now it makes sence, for some reason i liked this LG UI, the only thing i dont like about Odex Roms is they dont have no weather widget. Big deal for me lol. And when i installed CM i didnt even give it a chance as soon as i didnt see the knock knock i went back.

8. DragonSlayer95

I've always like the HTC, Samsung, LG weather widgets, but I have found a really good alternative weather/clock widget for when I am on aosp that I really do like.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devexpert.weather

Btw knock on works, just not knock off lol :p

Since I've gotten use to the power button on the back, I found myself using the power button rather than knock before I went to cm

9. Method760

I think im going to give the AOSP a try i guess its real close the the actual KitKat so will see.

10. DragonSlayer95

It's in its alpha stages still so expect bugs.

11. Method760

i have a big problem.. i tried to install 4.4 and it just kept giving errors set up wizard fail so im trying to get back to stock and i cant!! (i have already unrooted) i used the same files and now it wont work.. how can i put a file on my phone if i cant get it to turn on? i can only get to recovery.

12. Method760

and dumb of me i did a factory reset and the ROMS got deleted...

13. Method760

Nvmd got it working... so far is ok. but the only problem im having i cant see how to add more screens haha, i only have 2 right now

14. DragonSlayer95

At least you got it working, work here or would have replied sooner to help lol

I haven't got a clue about the screens, never really messed with the LG launcher lol

15. Method760

I guess you can't have an empty screen on KitKat so you have to drag an app over to create another screen. So far its been good. I like it. Just have to keep messing with it

16. DragonSlayer95

Have you found a setting to change the stock battery icon to the circle with percent?

17. Method760

Yes!! That's what I have right now!!

18. DragonSlayer95

On PA 4.4? 0.o

Or you still on stock?

19. Method760

Yep on 4.4

20. DragonSlayer95

I may have to reflash I never could find an option to change it.

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews