1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] looking for a new rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TwistedMcVay, Dec 26, 2012.

1. TwistedMcVay

TwistedMcVay Lurker

i was interested in getting a windows phone 7 rom but didnt know where to find one for my galaxy nexus on sprint. any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mogelijk

mogelijk Android Expert

There are no Windows 7 ROMs, or at least no legal ones. Microsoft owns Windows and does not release the source code or allow the use of Windows without a valid license. If someone tried to create and release a Windows ROM, I'm guessing they would be quickly sued by Microsoft.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Your best bet is to look for win phone-type themes for launchers or cyanogen based roms.

4. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

I would recommend in the future to ask questions about Roms that you ask them in the All Things Root section for your specific device.

With that said i never ran across any WinMo style roms when i was romming my G Nex and i haven't heard of any lately.

frenchy714 and MizzouBrent like this.
  5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

frenchy714 likes this.
  6. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Moved you over to the Sprint section.

frenchy714 likes this.
  7. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

BTW sourcery is the ROM of choice for most of us on this forum.

8. NSutherl

NSutherl Android Enthusiast

I've used Launcher 7 on my old Dinc and it's pretty cool. If you want to the W7 phone feel, this is definitely your best bet. Otherwise, there are a few of stable and fast Android 4.2.1 ROMs out there with everything from super customization (Sourcery) to almost completely stock (mmuzzy's stock 4.2.1 build).

9. slyd

slyd Android Enthusiast

I like mmuzzy 4.2.1 but I prefer close to stock .

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews