• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] looking to root but phone won't restart

I have a fairly new HTC One. It works nearly perfectly except it won't restart on its own. Which is keeping me from trying to root it. If I hold the power button and hit restart it'll shut off and not turn back on and I'll have to hold the power button and the center of the volume keys to get out to boot back on. If I just press the power of button it turns off and turns on normally. This is also keeping me from updating. It'll download I go to install it starts to reboot but once it boots down nothing. I have to hold power and volume buttons again. If anyway could help it be greatly appreciated.

I don't think that this will stop you unlocking, rooting and flashing a custom ROM. Actually it might fix the issue.

The issue might be a hardware issue although I doubt it.

Try it in Safe Mode:

Turn fastboot off in your power settings.
  1. Switch off the device.
  2. Power it on
  3. Once you see the HTC splash screen, press and hold the Volume Up key till the phone boots up in Safe Mode
Where did you get the phone from?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones