• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint LTE will kill your Triumph?

Allaneato

Jul 24, 2011
I've been trying to understand why VM can't in 8 weeks get my Triumph to work more than occationally, and I believe that Sprints LTE upgrades here in Minneapolis have effectively ended my VM EVDO service . Since VM doesn't have a LTE phone, only WIMAX, there's not even a phone upgrade to buy.

I'm finding more and VM customers having huge service quality declines as well.

Comments?

Vm sucks I have had nothing but problems with them hell I am trying to get a replacement right now(charger issues) and it has been 2 weeks and they still have not sent my replacement, I keep getting oh we have been super busy and don't have time to respond to an email until you email to complain

Upvote 0
I've been trying to understand why VM can't in 8 weeks get my Triumph to work more than occationally, and I believe that Sprints LTE upgrades here in Minneapolis have effectively ended my VM EVDO service . Since VM doesn't have a LTE phone, only WIMAX, there's not even a phone upgrade to buy.

I'm finding more and VM customers having huge service quality declines as well.

Comments?

I have actually been seeing an increase in data speeds on 3g since switching over to the Galaxy S2. This is only my opinion but I think they are either throttling the speeds on the $25 grandfathered plans or the Triumph just has a poor radio in it. I don't have any other proof other than inside of a week I went from 128 kb- 300kb or so on the Triumph to over 1 mb on the Galaxy S2. I think it's because they are trying to frustrate and push people off the $25 plans. But as I said, I don't have solid proof. Just my assumptions.

Upvote 0
I have actually been seeing an increase in data speeds on 3g since switching over to the Galaxy S2. This is only my opinion but I think they are either throttling the speeds on the $25 grandfathered plans or the Triumph just has a poor radio in it. I don't have any other proof other than inside of a week I went from 128 kb- 300kb or so on the Triumph to over 1 mb on the Galaxy S2. I think it's because they are trying to frustrate and push people off the $25 plans. But as I said, I don't have solid proof. Just my assumptions.
if u r seeing a major speed increased, that is mostly like because of what they called winmax or simply 4G. considering 1Mbit for 4G is pretty slow...so vm still sucks :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
I live in the Minneapolis area as well and my service has always been terrible especially after getting the triumph. I am convinced it is the poor cell radio in the phone combined with VM's terrible network. My data speeds are usually 100kbps-300kbps tops, which is really sad. As soon as I have the means to afford a new phone I'm leaving VM and going to T-Mobile and get a Nexus 4. Been putting up with terrible service for too long I can't even use data while out and about without constant time outs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones