1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] Messed Up a Flash

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Derf9280, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Derf9280

Derf9280 Lurker

I was trying to flash my sprint note 2 back to stock and somehow i downloaded the file for verizon.

my phone is working but under the verizon logo and it's saying that the sim card is not supported... since it's a sprint sim card and all.

what do i need to do to flash my phone back to stock sprint? any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Did you create a Nandroid before you flashed the Verizon Rom ?? If yes simply restore your back up, and report back.

3. Derf9280

Derf9280 Lurker

no i didn't do that.

4. meanmini1

meanmini1 Well-Known Member

you might be able to flash a stock recovery .tar file through odin

5. Derf9280

Derf9280 Lurker

i gave up. took it to a phone place and had them flash the stock os for $30.

too many files online that don't work. it was getting annoying. thanks anyway.

6. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I guess it's good news that you were able to get your phone working again after flashing a rom from Verizon.

7. meanmini1

yeah just take it as a learning experience. you should always come here or xda if you have *any* doubt about something.

8. Derf9280

Derf9280 Lurker

i dropped my phone off at a shop to get fixed and theyre having issues with it. this is beyond frustrating. im waiting for the call to pick it up still running the verizon os.

what can i do at this point? i tried to flash the stock rom using odin and i get an error within 30 seconds of starting. i'm using the combination file is that not the right one to use?

9. meanmini1

the next time you decide to flash anything, ensure that it is sprint based. the post will usually specify what carrier. take your time. when i first got my s3, i wasn't paying attention and flashed an international version rom...boom, paperweight. luckily sprint couldn't figure it out and sent me a brand new one. make sure it's sprint based

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews