1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] More ROMs for us Sprint L720/L720T users!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jackroo, Sep 29, 2014.

1. jackroo

jackroo Android Enthusiast

I found out tonight from galaxys4root(dot)com that we can use Verizon ROMs! There are specific instructions on changing APN etc on the site. It may not be much excitement but I think its cool that we get to dive into a few more ROMs now. Currently downloading Chaos ROM along with KT kernel :) I'll let everybody in here know the result after I flash it!

Jhoonb51 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jackroo

jackroo Android Enthusiast

Btw I wasn't able to flash this ROM. It hung up on the Samsung screen.

3. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert

Agreed on the ROMs. I came from an s3 on boost and honestly I almost regret getting this phone now for lack of roms and support. Sadly the s3 had way more love than this phone does when it comes to ROMs. A ton out for the international variants but no love for the others (sigh)

I'm gonna give chaos a shot this weekend, maybe even tonight if I get time. I'll let ya know how it went.

I am about to just give up on my s5 ROM for this phone quest, don't have anywhere else to look or to try.

Update:

Well after hours upon hours and days upon days for the last 2-3 weeks now and flashing so many times I feel like my phones going to explode, I've come to an end. I cannot find a good aosp rom that suits what I want although I did try carbon rom unified, but I'm having serious gps issues with it for some reason and I've tried gps.conf tricks and other tricks like gps test and deleting the gps file and reloading a new gps file (forget the name of it right now) but I've tried numerous things to get gps to work correctly, and it still takes almost 2-3 min to lock on.

I have also looked for a touchwiz rom that works correctly but can't seem to find that either. The best I found with that was sac's rom, and it to it chopped up so to speak. Don't get me wrong I like how the rom works, and runs but it says it's s5, when it's not. If you claim and post in a thread title that your rom is this or that, ie: s5, it should be just that, NOT partial s5, in which case sacs rom IS partial, because while the quick toggles are s5, the settings are still s4....so in short instead of saying s5, maybe put "partial" s5 which would be more appropriate.
    Other TW roms I've looked at are either international versions, or other carriers.

Sadly it looks as if this phone gets left out in the cold when it comes to roms.

So I just re-flashed the stock ng5 firmware from sprint and I'll just theme that, it'll be way less hassle and headaches.

My guess is this phone is so old in release age I guess you'd say that people are now moving on IE: s5 which I wouldn't need to theme or adjust much at all, but simply root to unbloat it.

I came from a s3 on boost and honestly it had way more options and support than this phone, which is what I don't get, this phone is the better of the 2, yet no support (scratches head).

I guess it is what it is.

4. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

Actually pacrom is making leaps and bounds with their builds... i have not a single problem with gps on the black xmas edition of Pacrom. 5 seconds to pinpoint me.. Its been a long time since ive been on.. and the new flow of the forums are proving difficult at best to navigate... i cant even find my profile anymore.. hahaha

5. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

oh.. and jack.. u cant flash a verizon rom without flashing a sprint kernel 'after' flashing rom. I've gotten several non sprint roms to flash

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews