1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint ] my 30 days

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by Androidalltheway, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Android Enthusiast

If I return my photon and get my upgrade back, how long does it take to for them to reverse it? I ask because I thought about going to bestbuy and buying the evo 3d, that way I can reset my 30 days, and get the epic touch, what do you think? is that crazy, or has anyone done this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

I am just curious as to why you would buy an EVO 3D when you disliked it so much you switched to the Photon. Also, although I have never owned a Samsung, there have been lots of complaints from people who have about the lack of support and updates for their phones. You may just be better off sticking with the Photon.

3. jdsingle

jdsingle Android Expert

Let me see if I am following you correctly, you returned the EVO 3D for the Motorola Photon. Now you want to return the Photon, pick up the EVO 3D, then get the Epic 4G?

Aside from the fact that I think you're abusing the system and I don't think they'll let you swap phones more than once (I could be wrong). Why don't you do a little more reading and go and play with the phones before you pick your next one if it is indeed your last chance?

4. marctronixx

moved to Sprint forum as this is not specific to the evo 3D handset.

5. jason81

jason81 Well-Known Member

There is no reset on the 30 days. You can swap phones once in 30 days, and that's it.

And by the way... People trying to skirt the rules and scam companies are the reason that these companies have to make the rules more strict, and charge more money for products and services.

aliciaa1, multanii, BenChase7 and 4 others like this.
  6. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

going from one retailer to anther does not ... reset your account.

the account is with sprint..and sprint is the one that takes the hit each time you use it. they will know.. and yes there is a limit in time and # of swaps.

you might have 1 more swap...

you can keep trying... but dont come back.. and complain that you hate sprint for not letting you "swap" again and again... or for start charging a "restocking fee"... etc..

BenChase7 and CarrieK like this.
  7. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Android Enthusiast

Maybe had the evo 3d worked properly when I bought it, I would have never considered the photon, maybe had sprint not had me waited 3 and a half freaking hours, I would have exchanged it, but at that point my patience had dwindled, and never want to wait over 3 hours ever again, that is the only reason they waived the $35.00 restocking fee. I do not necessarily believe it is scamming the system, because Sprint can simply say no, you already had your 30 days, and I would say ok. Scamming the system is saying you have a corporate account to get a discount, or begging sprint for a full upgrade when your 5 or 6 months away, so lets call a spade a spade...

8. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

Maybe you shouldn't blame the Sprint employee for your decision to change to the Photon. Yes, I saw your post in the EVO 3D section. You ARE trying to beat the system. A spade is a spade so you are right... call it what it is and admit that you made your own choices. Come on... your plan includes 4 phones in 3 to 4 months, changing to the EVO 3D with the intention of trading it in for the Epic Touch. If that isn't manipulating the system then what is?

la sal likes this.
  9. jason81

jason81 Well-Known Member

I believe we are calling a spade a spade.. you had the evo 3d... You returned it for the photon..... Now you are talking about returning the photon and getting another 3d.... Just in a lame attempt to reset your upgrade... ( which wont work by the way).

This is a clear example of Someone trying to work the system. You and people like you are screwing the rest of us.

You know what I do if I want a new phone and can't get it at upgrade price?..... I pay full price for it.

Learn a lesson.

la sal and CarrieK like this.
  10. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

So here is your post from the EVO 3D section of the forum. You state that you were "evaluating your options" on the 30th day. In reality, you went into the Sprint store fully intending on getting the Photon because the grass was greener on the other side. You had complained about the EVO 3D on the forums. It was obvious you wanted to go with the Photon. So in "this" version of the scenario, what was the Sprint employee supposed to do? Re-recommend a phone you didn't like? Try to talk you into keeping your EVO 3D? Now, in this thread in the Sprint section, your story is that you were kept waiting 3 1/2 hours and so because of that wait, you just decided to change to the Photon out of exasperation. If you really liked the EVO 3D (as you posted in the EVO 3D section) you wouldn't have been in that store on day 30. The truth is, you don't like the Photon as much as you thought you would, so you want to go back to the EVO 3D...but wait! Only long enough to get the Epic Touch. Ummm. Ok. And THAT isn't manipulating the system. Heck, you can't even get your story straight.

I am normally not a rude person and would simply ignore someone like you. What ticks me off is the fact that you are badmouthing the Sprint employee and blaming him for your own decisions. You are obviously working the system so you can get the "next big thing." The sad part is that in the end we all suffer for it with higher prices and fewer upgrades.

11. ajbrickyard

ajbrickyard Member

Does anybody know how long it takes to reset your upgrade after a return?

(the OP's actual question)

12. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

My husband returned a phone within the 30 days and elected not to use his upgrade at that time and our online account immediately showed that his upgrade was available. I do not know how that works if you go through someone like Best Buy though. It may take longer since it involves a third party.

ajbrickyard likes this.