• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sprint navigation update

When I go to the About screen, I see:

Sprint Navigation
Version:2.8.0.1029

No Premium.

Just to clarify, mine says Sprint Navigation Premium at the top of the main screen, where the options say Drive To, Search, Maps & Traffic, Share & More. Doesn't say Premium on the About screen.

Maybe you can uninstall it and re-download it?

I dunno what else...maybe someone else can weigh in on this?

Upvote 0
Just to clarify, mine says Sprint Navigation Premium at the top of the main screen, where the options say Drive To, Search, Maps & Traffic, Share & More. Doesn't say Premium on the About screen.

I don't see "Sprint Navigation Premium" when the app first starts up, on the main screen or the About screen. I guess that is why, I have the "normal" version. I'll try re-downloading and see what happens. Thanks for the patience with me!

Upvote 0
Hey guys. Quick question for everyone regarding the update.

I updated last night. Didn't get the "premium" version, just the regular. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same result. I'd LIKE the "premium" version, however, it's not the end of the world. What IS bugging me, however, is that while the update replaces the older version, it appears to sit on top of it. What I mean by this is, the update takes up space on the phone, in addition to, the one it replaces. Instead of Spring Nav taking 4.42 MB of space, it now takes over 8MB (both versions are in memory).

Is anyone else seeing this? Also, what steps did those who dl'd the premium version take to obtain it?

Upvote 0
I uninstalled / reinstalled and still don't have the Premium. Oh well....

What directory on the phone are you looking to see the size?

If you go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, the Sprint Nav shows up as one of the biggest. If you go into it, as if you were going to clear the cache, you'll see it's not actually cache that's using space, but the app itself. It never used to do that, and if you uninstall and reboot the phone (sending you back to v.2.1) and check that space, it's not there.

Upvote 0
Hey guys. Quick question for everyone regarding the update.

I updated last night. Didn't get the "premium" version, just the regular. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same result. I'd LIKE the "premium" version, however, it's not the end of the world. What IS bugging me, however, is that while the update replaces the older version, it appears to sit on top of it. What I mean by this is, the update takes up space on the phone, in addition to, the one it replaces. Instead of Spring Nav taking 4.42 MB of space, it now takes over 8MB (both versions are in memory).

Is anyone else seeing this? Also, what steps did those who dl'd the premium version take to obtain it?

My total is 7.07 MB, application 6.04MB, data 1.04MB.

To update, I agreed to the prompt to update, then got the message that my phone wasn't recognized, then selected HTC, then Sprint Hero 2.8 (I think.)

Upvote 0
My total is 7.07 MB, application 6.04MB, data 1.04MB.

To update, I agreed to the prompt to update, then got the message that my phone wasn't recognized, then selected HTC, then Sprint Hero 2.8 (I think.)

same thing here. that's weird.

my app was never that high. i always go into that menu to clear my browser cache, and I've never seen sprint nav towards the top of the list as one of the biggest space hogs. that's also weird.

Upvote 0
If you go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, the Sprint Nav shows up as one of the biggest. If you go into it, as if you were going to clear the cache, you'll see it's not actually cache that's using space, but the app itself. It never used to do that, and if you uninstall and reboot the phone (sending you back to v.2.1) and check that space, it's not there.

Total = 6.99 MB
Application = 6.04 MB
Data = 0.96 MB

Upvote 0
I d/led through apk. Looks like it put the new version right on top of the old one. sprint nav is 6.42mb and the 2nd largest app on my phone. Not cool. It's weird that everyone is getting different results here. I don't have a weather option either, and I live in Chicago. Weather should be supported here. SPRIIIIINT!!!

that's what I'm saying. I've NEVER seen Sprint Nav show up at the top in the Manage Applications when sorting by largest. It really sucks!

Also, oddly enough, I didn't get Premium and I'm in Chicago as well.

Upvote 0

can you upload your APK file?

Upvote 0
Mine's also show "Sprint Navigation 2.8" on the first screen, the next screen it shows "Sprint Navigation Premium" and under the share menu #4 it list "Weather" pressing it shows the weather and other weather related info for my area. It shows under application Total =6.43MB, Application=6.04MB, Data=404KB. Cache shows 0. My phone has goggle on the back, don't know if that the different plus it's not rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones