1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Sprint] Need Help w/Soft-Bricked GNexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ro1224, Feb 10, 2014.

1. ro1224

ro1224 Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2014
    Hello all,

I was in the process of restoring my rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) back to its original stock state when something went terribly wrong. I was running CM 10.1 or 10.2, and the bootloader was unlocked. I hooked it up to my Windows PC and encountered a number of issues with the PC. Next thing I knew the PC was frozen and needed to reboot. Afterward I got the soft-brick display on the phone (phone - warning triangle - PC). Nothing I do now moves the situation forward. I've tried Odin, Kies and even Nexus Root Toolkit from WugFresh Development. While the phone shows up in the Windows Device Manager, it does not seem to be recognized as a connected device for the purposes of being able to access its files/folders or manipulate their contents. With NRT I get messages that "a fastboot device was not found". If I attempt to reboot into bootloader mode, the software will freeze up and need to be force quit. Is there anything I can do at this point to fix this problem? I'm not an expert, but I was able to successfully root the phone and install the CM ROM previously. I need to return the phone to Sprint and would rather not send it out in its current state.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

Advertisement

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Try and plug the phone in, then power the PC down. Leave the phone plugged in, then power the PC back on.

Might get the PC to recognize the device again.

3. ro1224

ro1224 Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2014
    Thanks. I've shut things down for tonight, but I will definitely give that a try tomorrow. I appreciate the quick response! :)

4. g60madman

g60madman Guest
    None
  5. ro1224

ro1224 Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2014
    Thanks. Already got that. All it does is tell me that a fastboot device is not found and then periodically freezes up. I fear that I've really messed the phone up. :(

Tags: