• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] New FH05 Radios

That's probably what I'll end up doing. So is it nice having someone else to talk to in this forum?!?

Hell yeah it is lol!!! There's not much traffic in this subforum, so yes, I enjoy having someone else to chat it up with. Do you use gtalk? If so, add me rfrenchtsrta@gmail.com. I'm dying to know what your overall feelings are on the Gnex coming from OG?

Upvote 0
1. Is there any reason to NOT upgrade my radio to FH05 before the devs start pushing out their rom updates with the binaries. Is FH05 radio going to be part of all updated ROMs, and if not, why wouldn't it be? Right now I'm on RUJellin. Is it better to use an img or a zip?
2. I updated my radio from FD02 to FG01 a while ago. Is there any reason to downgrade to FD02 again before flashing the updated roms? (I think not, just asking.)

Upvote 0
Hell yeah it is lol!!! There's not much traffic in this subforum, so yes, I enjoy having someone else to chat it up with. Do you use gtalk? If so, add me rfrenchtsrta@gmail.com. I'm dying to know what your overall feelings are on the Gnex coming from OG?

Hey, hey, hey. I know ive been busy lately but there's a few regulars here.

Reactions: frenchy714
Upvote 0
1. Is there any reason to NOT upgrade my radio to FH05 before the devs start pushing out their rom updates with the binaries. Is FH05 radio going to be part of all updated ROMs, and if not, why wouldn't it be? Right now I'm on RUJellin. Is it better to use an img or a zip?
2. I updated my radio from FD02 to FG01 a while ago. Is there any reason to downgrade to FD02 again before flashing the updated roms? (I think not, just asking.)

Radios would need to be flashed separately fromthe ROM. I don't think I've ever seen a ROM include radios, but I don't know why they aren't included.

Reactions: slyd
Upvote 0
I recently flashed the FH05 radios from the radio thread on this site. They work fine, my reception is better., tho still pretty bad ... I flashed the zip files from this thread. I have a couple of radio questions:
1. Are these official or leaked radios and why should I care.
2. If I need to unroot for some reason, do I need to downgrade the radio to FD02 like I would have had to on my OG Evo

Edit. Answer to my own questions:
1. Per shabbypenquin sticky on xda, they're official.
2. Use Odin and tars or fastboot and IMG files if I need to unroot. It doesn't matter if I go back to FD02 or the newest FHO5.

Upvote 0
hi i guess my first question is did ur area get the jb-4.1up grade that got pushed out last week and what is the radio on the offical 4.1 if so....if not pushed out to u then yes u would or should only go back with unroot and 02 radio so as not to put ur self in a bad position is how and what i would do...just my 2 cents others may not agree

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones