1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] New Replacement GNex

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frenchy714, Dec 20, 2012.

1. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Well, I'm getting a replacement GNex. Lately my device has been displaying pretty unusual and FRUSTRATING behavior and is not limited to any one kernel, or any one ROM; it's happened on every 4.2 kernel and every 4.2 ROM I've ran. For me it happens mainly after a phone conversation. When I'm done talking and take the phone away from my face, the screen will not light back up, and will require a battery pull to get back to normal. It use to rarely happen with 4.1.2 (but did happen), but was happening more and more frequently ever since on 4.2. I don't know what was causing this, or what the solution is...Very frustrating.

Last night I made the decision to call Sprint, and got some pretty interesting information. Apparently this is a known issue to Sprint with our devices, and it's not limited to just 4.2, 4.2 kernels, or rooted phones. In any case I got what I wanted, which was a new device, and it should be here in the next day or two. Hopefully I don't experience the same issues with this new GNex.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. slyd

slyd Android Enthusiast

My husband had this issue on his phone running 4.1.2 and also got a replacement.

3. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

So far I have gotten two replacements (charging debacle of Nov 2012.) the first one was kinda broken and second was pretty much like new.

4. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Yeah my wife's gnex had this issue pretty much out of the box. Sent back to amazon and her replacement has been flawless.

5. frenchy714

Did the replacement fix the issues???

6. frenchy714

At the end of the day I use my phone for business and am on it A LOT (100+ phone calls daily) because of that; and having my phone hot reboot while I'm speaking with a client, a few times a day, or experiencing what I call a "mini SoD" on 2 out of every 5 phone calls (when I take the phone away from my face after a conversation and have to pull battery to get it working again), is not conducive to my business!!

7. slyd

slyd Android Enthusiast

His replacement has had no problems - got it 3 months ago.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews