• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] No love for CM10?

MizzouBrent

Android Expert
Feb 13, 2011
Olathe, KS
Coming from the OG, I'm used to the CM team putting out the premier AOSP rom, but it sure is a lot different on the Nexus side of things....I almost never hear anything hear about anyone running CM10. Is it just not as good on the Gnex? Codename Android seems to be the best from what I'm gathering, with the Franco Milestone 5 kernel.

Coming from the OG, I'm used to the CM team putting out the premier AOSP rom, but it sure is a lot different on the Nexus side of things....I almost never hear anything hear about anyone running CM10. Is it just not as good on the Gnex? Codename Android seems to be the best from what I'm gathering, with the Franco Milestone 5 kernel.

There's plenty of love for CM10 over here! I think the reason there's less hype surrounding CM10 on the GNex, is because we own an AOSP phone, and CM10 is one of MANY AOSP ROM's available for our device. To whereas when we had the OG, AOSP ROM's weren't the norm, and when we ran them, we enjoyed a much different experience than what we were used to, since our phones were Sense based. Personally, CM10 doesn't have enough (for me) anymore....This is why I prefer CNA or AOKP over CM10. In any case, when your GNex arrives, give it a try anyway! Hope my post made good sense!

Upvote 0
I find that CM dumbed down their ROMs. I think they are going more for a 3rd party official distributer kinda like Sense or Touchwizz (eww). Since they are doing this they are taking out functionality that may not have lived up to their "stable" standards. CNA and AOKP are made for anyone but have the features that the part of the rooting community that love being able to say "well my phone does this" love to have. They also implement stuff quicker because people know that in some builds some stuff might not work.

Reactions: MizzouBrent
Upvote 0
hi.. i am sorry but i think cm10 is as all cm have been since i was using cm6/7/9....i dont know why u say that...cm10 has only been official now for about a week.....dumbed down?...in any way i c i use it with ..code..shank...aokp...jellin...they all bring somefhing diff. to the table and thats what we want or we all would stick to stock..but i do beg to diffed on cm10 ..dumbed down..thanks.

Upvote 0
I find that CM dumbed down their ROMs. I think they are going more for a 3rd party official distributer kinda like Sense or Touchwizz (eww). Since they are doing this they are taking out functionality that may not have lived up to their "stable" standards. CNA and AOKP are made for anyone but have the features that the part of the rooting community that love being able to say "well my phone does this" love to have. They also implement stuff quicker because people know that in some builds some stuff might not work.
I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense....like a universal stock aosp build for multiple devices. The focus is more on functionality for the masses rather than a bunch of tweaks.

Upvote 0
I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense....like a universal stock aosp build for multiple devices. The focus is more on functionality for the masses rather than a bunch of tweaks.

Yeah, CM is going for universal release over a bunch of devices. If you get something like CNA that only builds for 4 devices (3 of which are the Gnex line) then you have something more tailored to your device with more tweaks. Also since they are not releasing for a bunch of people they take more chances with "experimental" tweaks that may or may not work.

Upvote 0
Yeah, CM is going for universal release over a bunch of devices. If you get something like CNA that only builds for 4 devices (3 of which are the Gnex line) then you have something more tailored to your device with more tweaks. Also since they are not releasing for a bunch of people they take more chances with "experimental" tweaks that may or may not work.

I agree with you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones