1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] No LTE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jackroo, Oct 9, 2014.

1. jackroo

jackroo Android Enthusiast

I'm on slimkat ROM version 7 4.4.4 and I have no LTE.
    It started yesterday. I usually just have 3G switched on all day at work to save battery but when I get home I like to stream music and YouTube etc so I flip on LTE. I went under "mobile networks". Mine shows in order: LTE (recommended), 1X, 3G, and Global. From prior experimenting I know that "Global" is actually LTE for me. Turning on "LTE (recommended)" setting actually makes it so I cannot receive calls, 1X is obviously 2G and 3G is 3G. Anyway, starting last night when I came home I noticed when I switched to Global setting my signal went out, all bars disappeared and then came back on seconds later and only showed 3G. Speeds were 3G. My wife has the same phone unrooted and shows LTE Spark on her device so I know its not a lack of LTE in the apartment. What is going on???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

dial... #*#*4636*#*# then hit Phone information.. now switch in there to cdma,lte,gsm. done.

3. jackroo

I tried that but I'm still showing 3G

DaisFlaque likes this.
  4. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

apns? it could just be a bug in update...

5. jackroo

I ended up taking to a friend who reflashed NC6 stock and rerooted it. I've got LTE back!

DaisFlaque likes this.
  6. jackroo

One thing I will say is that ever since I had NO flashed my battery life took a dive and the Android update has installed and keeps popping up. I wish there was a way to Install it and also keep root. I miss the battery life of slimkat :(

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews