1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support [sprint] NOTE 8 issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TIVI18, Sep 15, 2017.

1. TIVI18

TIVI18 Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2017
    Female
    Parsippany
    I have my Note 8 from Sprint - I have spent 2 days on & off with various CS reps but to no avail. I have had Galaxy phones for a long time but this is my first Note - I am hoping some one has a work around solution.
    Two issues I have run into so far or messaging & email apps.
    Sprint phone messaging app will not let you add a Signature ! This was a basic feature for so long & I cannot understand why they decided we did not need this.

Samsung suggested predictive text which will not work with this either!

Email - I am not using Gmail & I have all the settings checked verified, reset etc. This worked perfectly on all my previous galaxy phones - sent email will not be saved - not on my phone or server - I have had to BCC all my emails to have a copy - Samsung said maybe a software update in future -

Sprint said I can return the phone & that was the help
    I put it out in the reviews on Samsung site too
    Please suggest or share your ideas Thanks in advance

Advertisement

marctronixx likes this.
  2. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    1. Sprint signature. That's something specific to their app. There are plenty of other apps that will let you do this. Not everyone uses a signature, but perhaps it was an oversight on the app dev. Reaching out to their development team and expressing your concerns may yield some fruit.

2. I dont use sammys native email client. I use outlook mobile and i have a mix of corporate EAS, my own personal servers, aol mail servers, msn, and gmail. They all sync and are updated.

Its possible sammys email app may be updated (could be launch day bug-ware) to address your concerns. Until then, why not use a more robust 3rd party app.

Yeah you can return the phone if it does not meet your needs, or you can empower yourself and use better 3rd party apps, OR take a "wait and see" approach and see if the apps are updated.

In the end there are several avenues you can take here.

3. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

Nov 12, 2009
    Female
    Banker
    Helena, Alabama
    I haven't tried a signature on Textra but it might work. It is certainly far more customizeable than the native messaging app. As to the email. I am with Verizon and use email rather than Gmail for everything except play store purchases as I am not a fan of Gmail. I have never had a problem with saving any emails, sent or received with the native email app although, again I prefer a third-party app that is more customizeable.
    I just checked my email settings. I don't use BCC:, incoming is set to imap.mail.yahoo.com (my email preference) with SSL security and port 993
    outgoing is set to smtp.mail.yahoo.com with SSL security and port 465. Authentication is required before sending.
    Your email is probably very similar. Is there anything above that is way off from yours?

marctronixx likes this.
  4. TIVI18

TIVI18 Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2017
    Female
    Parsippany
    Thanks - I don't want to return it but that was the easy fix the rep had for me !

I checked the settings against the old galaxy phone & called the service provider - They all said it is something to do with software on sprint issued phones - I will have to go to Outlook but I just don't understand as it was working fine before"

#4 TIVI18, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2017

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!