• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Nothing works in CWM :(

mk2mark

Lurker
Nov 11, 2013
Hi,

I have an S4 here that I've been messing around with installing different roms on, I installed one (negalite) that had the option to wipe the data partition during install, which is where the zip file being flashed was located.

Anyway the problem is that I can't push any zip files using adb, I get an I/O error. Formatting /data in CWM (6.0.3.2) I get the following in the log-file:

Can't partition non-vfat: datamedia
Can't format unknown volume: /emmc

Most of the solutions I've seen for this involve flashing new files which I can't do.

I also tried fixing perms through CWM, I get the following : fix_permissions: not found

At this point I'm unsure what else to do, help is much appreciated

Hi,

I have an S4 here that I've been messing around with installing different roms on, I installed one (negalite) that had the option to wipe the data partition during install, which is where the zip file being flashed was located.

Anyway the problem is that I can't push any zip files using adb, I get an I/O error. Formatting /data in CWM (6.0.3.2) I get the following in the log-file:

Can't partition non-vfat: datamedia
Can't format unknown volume: /emmc

Most of the solutions I've seen for this involve flashing new files which I can't do.

I also tried fixing perms through CWM, I get the following : fix_permissions: not found

At this point I'm unsure what else to do, help is much appreciated

Hello and welcome to Android Forums mk2mark! :)

In order to help you further, could you give the, "Version", of Galaxy S4 that you have. See #1.2 of, "18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?".

Reactions: Shotgun84
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones